1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8100 pp won't release

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by 04trd, Jan 12, 2015.

1. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

So I've searched on here with no luck. Plow works great, till I went to un hook it. I've had this thing on and off countless times so it's not operstor error. I go to flip the switch to the un hook mode and as soon as I do that a solenoid starts to click and raise the plow up. If I flip the switch to plow mode it stopes. Also I have no clicking or snything when I try to push the release or latch button. Can someone point me in the right direction. I'm assuming it's a solenoid but this plow has so much wiring under that little cover I'm not too sure what one to check or even how to check them. Thanks guys

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Rear switch is most likely bad and shorted out in "up" function. Check by removing the switch and using a jumper wire from the middle terminal of the socket to either of the other two terminals as your rear switch.

3. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Ok perfect thank you. I'll check that tomorrow.

4. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

So I went out this morning pulled the connections from the truck and plow and put die electric grease and sure enough it worked. Maybe had water or something inside.

5. damian

damian Senior Member

Get the booted plug connector repair kit for both switches it is a pigtail that has booted weather protected connectors for both switches if you need the part number call me during the day at 508-588-5970 I dont have it at home.