1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by fordplowdude, Dec 7, 2005.

1. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Would putting a Blizzard 810 on a 2006 F-350 C/C shortbed without the snow plow prep package be to heavy? I have this problem because the truck I have doesn't have the prep package and would really like the Blizzard 810. Thanks

2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

its not so much the suspension...its everything else that the plow prep package gives you.

3. paulsauto

paulsauto Member

810 good choice

The 810 will work fine on that 1 ton. I 've put them on F-250s and they work fine. We have not needed spring helpers on any of the superdutys so far. Have'nt done many coil spring 05 06 superdutys yet. What does the plow package include. Most are just a marketing gimmick and don't give you heavier springs or a bigger alternator. They don't have light adapter connect point or a bigger radiator or extra studs to mount pump battery cables or a predrilled hole in firewall to run wires. they don't have a trimmed front bumper deflector either. Just my opinion ! good luck on what ever you choose. Let it snow!:waving:

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree, you will be fine. :nod:

5. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Thanks guys.....can't wait to get it so i can start plowing. Wont be till next season though.

6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

with ford the plow prep package includes heavier rated front springs, a steering stablizer and some have the turn signal lights and running light wire adapters stock. at least with my 04 there was a huge hole predrilled thru the firewall covered with a plastic cover for the plow control wires.

7. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

04 Superduty that hole in the fire wall is for a clutch pedal and slave cylinder and not part of the plow prep package.
    Ray

8. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I have only looked closely at one of the new Superdutys with the coil front end. I wasnt too impressed. It only had about 1 inch of suspension travel before it hit the bump stop. I bet that an 810 will put in right down on the rubber stops.

9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

lol, guess you learn something new everyday. thanks ray :)

10. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Mark,

Not sure what you were looking at but I own a 05 and 06 F-350SD 4X4 PSD with Plow prep. I am running 810's on each of them. I added Timbrens and now I have about 1" before it make contact. The Factory stop were a good 3" from the frame.

11. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I am NOT trying to say the truck can't handle the plow, I am sure it can. But you might ask Ford if it will void the warranty due to no plow prep package. I know the 99-04 C/C LWB Super duties with the PSD were not rated by Ford for plowing due to the weight on the front axle. Now if it was a S/C or a R/C it was OK. I do not agree with Fords opinion on this but you do have a new truck with a lot of warranty left. I know the plow companies will say it will fit etc., but Ford has the final say when it comes to warranty claims not the plow company.

12. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I know Ford doesnt recommend any plow on a crew cab with a diesel engine. You could get away with a 8' or 8.5' plow but I probably wouldnt put an 810 on it....just my 0.02.

13. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have an 06 F350 SC Shortbed with the diesel but I also have the plow prep package. And yes you do get heavier springs, bigger alternator, stabilizer bar, and some other small stuff (help out the front end alot). But I believe if you dont have the plow prep package and you put the 810 or any plow for that matter on your truck it will void the warranty. You might just want to dig into that alittle. Also its a crew cab as well. To long in my opinion and I dont like the way the ride with all that weight on the front end.

Good luck,
    Ken

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Wrong, in '05 with the upgraded front axle Ford started offering plow preps on diesel CC's and extended cabs.

I have an 8611 LP on my '05 F350 without plow prep. I did have to pay to upgrade the fan clutch because it would overheat. I added Timbrens and will more than likely be upgrading the front springs before next season. I am not sure on the alternator, because I don't think there is more than 1 option for diesels. Same thing with batteries. Stabilizer bar comes with just about if not all models, if not most have them added to eliminate the death wobble.

You may want to check what the weight is on the front axle, that would be the only major problem.

The warranty issue may or may not be an issue. Warranties can be voided for just about anything, as long as Ford can prove that the change to the original product caused the problem. If there is obvious abuse involved, they can possibly deny it anyways, even with the plow prep. Or if the front axle is overloaded and they prove it, they can deny it even with plow prep.

15. natureguy

natureguy Junior Member
    from indiana

Plow prep

I ordered my 04 F350 c/c 4x4 with the diesel. I did not get the plow prep package but believe it or not, I ordered everything in it cheaper than what the plow prep package was. I have dual alternators on mine and I think that is part of the plow prep package as well. I took a set of rear overload springs and added them under my front leaf packs. They hold the plow great and gave the front 2 1/2" of lift. But if you have coils, that won't help.

16. greenscapes inc

greenscapes inc Member
    from utah

I was not aware that Ford offered dual alternators in the snow plow package, and your rear overload springs fit up front????

17. Mark Oomkes

They don't. It's a separate option apart from the plow prep. I don't think there is even a larger alternator for the diesels with the plow prep. Maybe gassers, but not diesels.

18. GFX

GFX Member

I don't think ford even offered a snow prep package on the CC diesels.

19. Mark Oomkes

Read post #14.

20. GFX

GFX Member

Sorry I was replying to this post by natureguy

I didn't know the changed the rule for the 05's though.