1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 Works Intermittently

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by tjcezar, Sep 23, 2011.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

My 810 will not move in any direction intermittently (most of the time). I have a new solenoid(truck side) and pump motor. If I tap the magnetic solenoids on the pump itself lightly with a hammer while pressing the button it works but as soon as I lift off the button and try again it wont work. Something is sticking? Should I remove all of them and clean them or something? Thanks.

2. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

I dont think it would be an individual solenoid on the valve body since it affects every movement of the plow. I would check the ground wire.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I had a wire from the joystick that was wearing through (at the joystick) that gave me that problem. Respliced it and it was fine. HTH

4. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

my question is why then would it work when I tap on the pump motor solenoids then? Seems weird to me also.

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Mine wouldn't work intermittently (like yours) I wiggled and moved everything to the point where it became hard to trace. Eventually I noticed it worked if my door was open...??????? but not closed.It was a tiny pink wire if I remember correctly...shorting on the joystick box, really hard to notice. Had to take the joystick apart to fix but that was easy.

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Jason, stop up at my place sometime with your truck. You can hook to mine and see if it's your truck side harness. If that doesn't work we'll bring my dump to you and see if it works on mine. FYI I have an extra plow for this season, if you need a loaner during an emergency.

7. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

Thanks for the responses. Im gonna check it out again tomorrow when I get to my shop. I've been over everything but will do it again. I wonder if the pump being loose at its connection on the a frame would affect the ground because I know they had loosened up. We'll have to see.
    Thanks for the offer Rich I'll keep it in mind. This probably will be my spare plow truck anyway but what good is a spare if it dont work.