1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 Won't Raise

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bigjoe871, Nov 23, 2005.

1. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

OK, so put my 810 down on 10/16 after purchase.

Moved it on 10/22 to where it was going to be stored. Now I hook up and can not raise. Power hitch grabs hold and I get everything connected, can angle, wings work down seems to relieve weight from front end but wont actually lift off the ground. Pump runs and front starts to take the weight but almost like not enough power to pick it up off the ground.

ANY IDEAS? Have a call in to dealer but since no snow here yet dealer is not open 24 hours. Not an emergency just want to move it NOW rather then next week.

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Did you raise the latch on the A-frame?

3. fkessler52

fkessler52 Junior Member
    from NJ

Raise the latch on the A Frame - pull the release pin

Raise the latch and pull the release pin - that should do it.

4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

check hydro fluid and make sure that the pigtails are pushed all the way in....i had a similar problem, mine wouldnt go down...after about 10 minutes and half a bottle of blood pressure pills i realized the plugs werent in all the way. good luck

5. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Yup, if its not the A-frame latch, then check the plug. It has happened to me a bunch of times. When it happens, the pump runs, but it doesn't raise. Good luck.

Ryan

6. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

Thanks!

It was the latch...brain freeze last night I guess. Light of day helped a little this morning also.

7. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Don't feel bad; I've had my Blizzard 3 yrs and did the same thing yesterday!

8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

whats an a-frame latch? mine is behaving similarly, I thought it was a solenoid.

9. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

Was moving mine a couple weeks ago was having same problem. Then it's like oh yea what an idiot I am. Looking around to make sure no one is watching.:rolleyes:

10. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

www.blizzardplows.com/2001/810pp01/810pp01.pdf

A-Frame latch is on page 7 of this PDF file. It lets the power hitch pull the plow in, if after hook up you don't lift it and lock it up, the plow will not lift up.

Stand on drivers side and look for a pin with a split ring on the end...right around the middle of the whole assembly.

I pulled out my owners manual and looked it up after scratching my head and cursing for about ten minutes. On the first page of the troubleshooting section it said to make sure the latch was up.

I will probably go through this every year at the beginning of the season. Luckily now I can just look up my old posts.

11. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

my buddy has a bilzzard plow and his plow was raising but very slow..Took it back to the dealer and the found 2 screws loose in the motor area.. Might wanna just keep an eye on that..

12. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

Thanks!

I'll keep an eye out for them. Turns out the installation manual is a wealth of information...WHO KNEW!!

13. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I still couldnt figure it out from the pdf. Mine is so old several things are different. Even my dealer was unfamiliar with the gate on mine, I guess they changed something early on. Anyway, he found my problem was a broken wire behind the connect/disconnect switch. Now everything works as it should.