1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 Wont lower reliably.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by nps1, Dec 15, 2009.

1. nps1

nps1 Junior Member
    from Syr

I'm looking for help with an 810 that has a problem dropping. Sometimes it will function perfectly and others times this problem occurs rendering it useless, Every other function works properly even when it is acting up, just wont drop. I have tried moving the connection while its stuck up, with no results. I have cleaned and checked to see that everything is good on both sides of the connection and looked to see that all grounds are good. Swapped controllers and eliminated that as a problem as well. Where should I check next? Thanks
  2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Need to check the S 8 coil to see if its getting power. Or can also be the valve itself. Look on the diagram on the inside of the pump cover for which one it is.
  3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

look at the S-5 coil and valve the coil is probally getting hot and shorting so it swells the valve and wont let it drop till it cools replace both and you will be happy again
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  4. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Like mark said I believe it is the s8 coil.

The "float" coil.

I replace one every season
  5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

s-5 is float s-8 is power down you need both to work right