1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 with dander wings

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by slade, Nov 29, 2008.

1. slade

slade Senior Member

Has anybody used a 810 with danger wings? How much time do they save? What are the drawbacks? I'm a little concerned that they might put to much strain on the wing having another 1' sticking out.

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I made a set of my own design (similar to Jerre's Danger wings) for my 810 and my 8611 last year. I use them only on large lots, not driveways. Really does speed things up for us for transporting snow across long pushes. They will put a lot more stress on the plow and truck. Need to be carefull near curbs,etc.

100_0870.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  3. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Slade....I'm confused as to what answer your looking for. You have posted this thread like 3 times now as recent as a month ago and you've heard the Pro's and Con's, I don't think much has changed in 30 days...

I leave my wings on unless I'm driving all the way across town then I remove 1. The other truck that I have with a Blizzard and wings stays at the site all winter. Weight isnt something that i was real concerned about Those plows are built like a tank. Now you go and slam your wing into a curb ...your going to bust it. Like I have told you before....You will save a TON of time!!!! Here are some pics of mine.

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010018.jpg

4. slade

slade Senior Member

If I end up making my own, I am considering making them straight extenions of the wings instead of being angled forward. Is this a bad idea?

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

The idea of the angle forward is that it allows you to "scoop" and push more snow kind of like plowing in a v position rather then having the blade straight.

6. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Look above....what he said.

7. slade

slade Senior Member

I understand the idea of having them angled forward on a straight blade to give the scoop effect. What I am thinking is on the 810 you could add a 1' straight extension to each side. Then when windrowing the side you are windrowing towards could be straight and not cupped forward. And when wanting to scoop , put the blade in scoop position and with the extensions you would be doubling your carrying capacity.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008