1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 wing will not retract

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by 4700dan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Plow has been working great but tonight the passenger wing will cup foward and back but it will not suck into the plow, I can hear the pump working to pull it in but it will not pull in, can anyone give me some help, Thanks :eek:

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

2 ram or 1?

3. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

When sitting in the truck it's the right side not sure of the number

4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

What year is your plow? 02 and older had 2 rams in each wing 03 and newer use 1.

5. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

ine has (1) ram

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Probably hyperextended past the 2 stops in the back of the plow. pull the 2 pins out of the back of the molboard (the 2 that are stacked one above the other, bolted in place) then try retracting wing. Your slidebox may need some buildup to meet the pin stops.

7. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Hey I will try that and thanks for the info

8. damian

damian Senior Member

if that doesnt work,you may have a bent ram.some plows get assembled with the hoses to the rams swapped and when they finnish assembly and mounting they work backward in is out and out is in.they then swap coil positions to make them work right.the only problem is the relief valve wont work and that is where the bent piston comes from.

9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Sometimes the slideboxes get full of ice & Snow and wont let the wing retract......

10. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

This happens to me sometimes. In fact, it just happened last week during a big storm we had. Parked the truck in the shop and thawed it out while stacking snow in the loader....all better!

11. MBB

MBB Senior Member

Sometimes the cover plate for the wing hinge gets hung up on the slide box, then the wing can't straighten out and no retract. It is hard to see it ( sneaky little devil) towards the top inside edge.