1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 wing problems

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Ice Scream, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

:angry: I just switched to a 810 and plowed this morning, both wings are extended and only move about an 1" now. Is this a common problem for these? I had a boss 9'2" v, I'm sorry I got rid of it.....:cry:

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Be more specific, are they stuck out, in or folded forward?
    I have never had any issues like that but anything can happen. Is anything stuck in there? It could be packed with ice. Best thing is hity the car wash with hot water and blast it out and see whats going on.
    Don't give up yet.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Boy I'd tell you I'd be pissed as hell.. But instead of tell us about it why don't you go to the dealer you bought it from and raise hell...:confused:

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

are they packed with snow. go to a car wash ,clean out the wing pockets

j.reed

5. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

Found out problem

:dizzy: Good News...The one wing was jambed with snow...Bad News... Drivers wing, cutting edge, and Cyl. pin was BENT from hitting soft ground. The wing did not fold back. Both wings were stuck out straight off the plow in the extened position. The dealer is keeping my plow over night to try to repair it......I guess I need to get the back up truck out and my shovel, I would have never thought a wing would do that!:dizzy:

Good news I now have a plow for sale! :eek:

6. wddodge

wddodge Member

I don't want to be a smartass but how fast did you hit the "soft ground" to bend a wing, edge and cyl pin??

Denny

7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

How much do you want for it. I will take as is.
    You must have been cruising to bend all those items. Slow down next time.
    Dino

8. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

Speed

Well seeing it was my first time using a blizzard, I was going slow and I just started to accelerate, I moved about 25 feet. The wing did not bleed off the pressure, it took all the force. I had that happen to a boss plow and it was my fault because I had it adjusted to full pressure, but I only bent a cyl, not everything.
    I'm going to pick it up today, they have it all straightened out.
    I would consider selling it for $4400 unless they are willing to buy it back.

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

So you've done this more then once......:rolleyes:

10. wddodge

wddodge Member

Was you accelerating at wide-open-throttle in those 25 feet??? Cause if you was driving like you had a brain and that plow bent that easy hitting soft dirt, I know what kind of plow I'll never buy.

11. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

All fixed... for now...

Well they fixed it...I'm not impressed at there knowledge of the system...The cause for it seems to be in the hydraulics some way or another... one wing did not bleed all the pressure and there ya go broken plow...so I guess this is a freak accident. They are suppose to test the valve bank out when I can drop it off for a day.
    As far as my other plow being damaged, that was completely my fault...I designed extension for my 7'6" boss v plow to make it into a 9'2" v and I adjusted one wing a bit to far :blush2: .

12. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Are you still selling the 810?

13. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

Selling

Yes...I am selling it...No real service, my fault for asking the right questions. I thought since they were built only a 150 miles away that I would have the service.

14. fulltiltwill

You mentioned $4400, but I can get a new one installed for $4395. I could offer you $3500 since I still would have to buy the truck mount at another $485. Totally understand if you think if that sounds low.

15. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

The plow has the snow flap installed and an air foil, so I couldn't go $3500

16. DJC

DJC Senior Member

No reason for the snow foil it's a waste of money. Blizzards are designed to foil it within the plow. I ran a 810 all last winter and loved it. VERY few problems.

17. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I disagree. My 810 lets the snow blow over the top just the same as my Boss plow, which has just as much curl to the moulboard.

18. fulltiltwill

What truck mount do you have?

19. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

Its off a 92 GMC 1 ton

20. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

:dizzy: Same old problems... Wing will not work properly, It seems to be over extending...Are the cutting edges suppose to stay over lapped or is there suppose to be a 1" gap between the wing and blade at full extension? If I put it in the straight position all the way extended out should it go directly to scoop or do you have to run it back in a couple inches and back out to scoop?:confused: