1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 Wing Issue

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Junior MO, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Junior MO

Junior MO Member

Hey guys, having an issue with the passenger side wing on my 810. Hooked the plow up over a month ago and tested everything and all was fine. Today, hooked it up to change the oil, test, etc. and all worked well other that my passenger side wing will not retract. It will go into the scoop position and I can push it back straight, with force, but it will not slide back into the moldboard. Once I push it straight, it will go into scoop, but not retract. I looked in the troubleshoot part of our manual and done what was suggested, but no luck. Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Junior MO

Junior MO Member

I forgot to add it is a 04-05 model plow.

3. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Just as mine did mine is because the wing cylinder is bent or your minw went past the stops

4. Junior MO

Junior MO Member

If the wing goes past the stops, how do you fix?

5. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

I would start by unhooking the cylinder and pull the (2) pins an drag everything out so you can see whats going on

6. Junior MO

Junior MO Member

Makes sense. Thanks.

7. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Check the Solenoid. It is worked fine the last time you used it then why would it be bent?

8. Junior MO

Junior MO Member

Do the wings have a separate solenoid? All other functions work and when I try to retract the wing, I hear the solenoid under the hood click.

9. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

check 8 or 9 valves as on can be stuck

10. ctbman

ctbman Member

Wing wont retract

Try pushing the retract button for the other side at the same time.mine did this last year it ended being a ground in the controller.

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

First need to check if getting current when you try to retract wing from scoop. Use a test light to backprobe the 12 pin connector to verify current. Then check the coil/solenoid for wing retract for magnetism with switch applied. If this shows good, pull your valve and clean it. To do it properly it should be dissassembled, but unless you have the proper tools, not something to do on your own.

12. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

also try and swith the solenoids or values around and seeing if it works backwards. Ive had it that a screen on it as gotta sucked into the value keeping it opened. Also had that little metal guard bend inside of the box by the wing. Look at the wing with it in the scoop position. There should be a piece of metal so you cant see in protecting it from snow gettin into it and covering the pin. Mine got caught on the inside of the wing holding it from sliding back in

13. Junior MO

Junior MO Member

thanks for the thoughts viper881 and fastjohnny. the coil is bad and needs replaced. trying to find the part now.

14. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I've had very good luck with googling the parts online instead of buying them through blizzard themselves. I would save over 50 percent that way. But it depends on the part

15. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

You also might take the wing out and check the cylinder. I had the end of one of mine snap off. It would extend just fine but because it wasnt hooked up to the bolt it would not pull it back in.