1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 will only eaise a few inches

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by msm63, Feb 27, 2013.

1. msm63

msm63 Junior Member

Got a 2003 810 that when lifted by the controller or power hitch switch will only lift about 4 inches from the cutting edge to ground after this past round of plowing. the pivot point at the front of the a frame is a little sloppy but no worse than the start of the year. Fluid is good and the lift cylinder was replaced last year, no snow or ice jamming any thing up. What else is there to look at that would cause this. thanks for any help.

2. fireside

fireside Senior Member

My first guess is your lift latch needs to be rebuilt with new pins at min. The new latch is around $400. I did not say this but if you can weld take a section of 2" x1/2 flat stock and weld it on top of the latch. In area wear it hits the bottom of the push beam. That will take up the slop in the pins and latch. This will solve the problem for the short term.

3. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Two of my pp's aren't raising as high as they used to. I have to replace the power hitch portion of the plow mount. At this point in the season, I'm waiting to next season. Its about $400 for the kit which includes all the components, not just the pins.

4. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

See if your pushbeam has rotated dowward a bit. I just noticed one of mine had

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

just get the pins and the small plates it will lift better no need to spend 400 bucks

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I just rebuild mine with the welder and die grinder to resize the holes to original dimensions, install new pins, for a few bucks and call it a day, good as new. The 1" pin that carries the weight of the plow is the one that often gets you the most mileage in replacing/tighenting up the holes, IMO.

7. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Bingo, I'll place money on some broken pins ONLY.

Draw latches go a long, long way before needing to be replaced, the pins, not so much.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Does it lift just as easily getting to that point or does it struggle to get there. It could be your O rings inside the pump.

9. msm63

msm63 Junior Member

Thanks for all the help, it looks like it is the small plates and pin thru the lift cylinder.

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Call jerre,,,he did a few of ours,,,,pins and new lift plates. Took out just about all the slop. Fairly cheep too