1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 w/wings or 8611lp

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by nevrnf, Dec 16, 2007.

1. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Time to replace my blade. Was thinking about either another 810 with a set of Danger wings. OR a 8611lp. The difference is only about 50# with the weight of the wings. It's going on my F250 X cab longbed and it already has extra leafs on the front and a set of Timbrens.

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

If I had that choice I would go 8611, then you can add the Danger wings later if you still want more.

But I guess it matters if your looking just for width or for carrying and stacking. I think the Danger wings on the 810 will carry and stack more then the stock 8611. I may be wrong though. From what I have heard about Jerre he will give you an honest answer that is right for you. Give him a call.

Just my 2 pennies.

3. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

on a f250 go with a 810. an 8611lp is to heavy and if you add wings to a 8611lp YOU WILL HAVE JUNK the lp wings will not hold up... and wings on 810 on a 3/4 ton truck may be a little to much..... Keep a close eye on your truck side frames on the fords... they have had a lot of problems with them go with a 810 !!! great set up!!

4. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

KCAPXIS, You run LP's on your F350. Why do you think a F250 is lighter duty?
    the front axle rating on the 250 and 350 is the same. Granted your total GVWR is 900# more but the trucks are the same otherwise.
    Besides i am runnung X code F550 springs on the front with a extra leaf and Timbrens and F350 B code springs in the rear. Other than the door sticker are trucks are identical.

5. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

His 350's are DRW I think.

6. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

And what does dual wheels have to do with the weigh on the front axle. single or dual the front gawr is the same?

Went with the LP :bluebounc: I pick it up Friday afternoon.

7. 3311

3311 Senior Member

Tony, the 8611 LP will probably be fine if you take it easy. I would definetly not add danger wings to a low pro. The slide boxes arn't as strong as the 8611's and the
    810's. I run an 8611 on my 05 F350 crew cab and it is very heavy. This will be the last season for that set up . I will be going to the Low Pro on my new 08 crew, and will be putting my 8611 on my soon to be skid steer. Did you consider the warranty issues if you add danger wings? I bet Russhing will void your warranty if you install them!!!

8. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

No wings for me. Just installed the 8611 LP as is. What a difference from my 99 810.

9. schuitb

schuitb Member

8611LP on 3/4 truck

Hello,

Just want to know how many people run this set up.. I have a 03 reg. cab dodge ram 2500 hemi w/plow prep package. plow is due for an upgrade and was wondering to go with 810 or 8611lp.

Thanks

10. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Lo Pro all the way.
    I have 2 810's and wish they were 9-12's

11. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

so it seems like from above comments an lp would not hold up to what a 5500 could dish out?

my dealer still has one and was contemplating the purchase

12. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

I am running LP on F-450 and a F=550. They both do fine depending on the operator. I did just replace the slide boxes on the 8611LP on the F-450 that was a first season release. If you are running a 5500 than consider a FULL SIZE 8611 depending on what your road times are as that 1500LBS gets heavy quick with the blade up alot.

Ron G.

Todd,

I think in the long run you are still better off with the 810 on the P/U in the heavier wet snow over 4" I know you would have a hard time keeping the truck behind the LP even with salt in the bed. My 810's really take some abuse and still give me that same times my LP's do just the LP can pile the heavy snow better with the DRW behind them. Just what I have expereinced. Bigger is not alway better and every truck has it limits.

Ron G.