1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 snow deflector

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bison1973, Nov 19, 2008.

1. bison1973

bison1973 Member

Is the Blizzard 810 snow deflector worth the money? They're expensive for what you're getting.
  2. bison1973

bison1973 Member

Anyone out there?
  3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

I don't run them and I have 4 plows, so I don't think so ... I also hear they cut down on the rolling effectiveness, Ask 4evergreenlawns he has them on all of his plows. so ......
  4. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Ken is correct I run them on all my Blizzard plows (3-810's 2 8611LP's 1-8611SS and 1-860SW) to include the 8611SS and the custom one on my new 860SW.

I have never seen any reduced rolling action that I can see. I like them for keeping the snow off the back side of the plow when stacking piles and just keeping the blowing snow off the windshield.

With all that eing said I also ran snow deflectors on my Western and you can nto evev get a MVP without one. Furthermore, I have never run my Blizzards without them so I have nothing to compare it too.

I think it is worth the addtional $200. or so but I over build and over buy everything I own and it seems to work for me.

BTW the new flasher unit was installed in the 08 CC and all it fine now.

Ron G.
  5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

They dont really help with what they are intended for, and thats to prevent the snow from blowing over the top of the plow at speed. I have one on my 810. Didnt have any real improvement than without it. I think the rubber needs to be about 3 or 4 inches longer and a little stiffer.
  6. Whitey

Whitey Member

I made my own out of conveyer belt, a piece of 1 1/2 " angle and a pice of flat stock you just have to notch out for the braces and wings but YES it is worth it
  7. deadogwalkin

deadogwalkin Member

I would definitely say it is worth the $.. but they are a lot more $ then they would need to be. Most deflectors don't stop everything if your cruising across a lot.