1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 slow lift at end of run

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by MBB, Jan 22, 2006.

1. MBB

MBB Senior Member

Unit does not seem to have enough pressure at end of run when trying to stack or when stopped and still in contact with pile. Usally have to back up a bit, raise plow a bit then stack. New pump motor ( due to a different issue), maybe pump weak?, pluged screen? running AW32 fluid. 2002 model. Works fine when no load or very little in front of mold board. Did have to replace angle cylinder hoses this year. Maybe air trapped in system still? No leaks that I can find, if you raise plow and let it sit, it does not sink over time. Ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. brad_diesel

brad_diesel Junior Member

I've got the same problem with mine, we just had 5" of wet stuff and when it sticks to the blade it will only lift about an inch off the groung. have to keep dropping it to shake the excess weight. I just tried a new motor and that did not help. My dealer and I are baffled. I will be watching this thread very close. Hope someone has had this and figured it out, cuz it sucks. Thanks in advance

3. GFX

GFX Member

Who do use for a dealer??

4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

You need to check the pump pressure on your unit and make sure it is at about 2400#. The older plows had the smaller cyl dia than the newer ones. This gives lower lift strength than the newer plows. They went to the bigger dia. to get more lift strength . Low pressure will give poor lift. More prevelant in wet snow.

Jerre

5. james1115

james1115 Member
    from CT

mine does the same thing I have to reverse for about 1 ft then it goes up fine.

6. MBB

MBB Senior Member

810 lift

Hi Jerre, I have seen your web sight. 3 Questions: Can I take a pressure reading off one of the angle ram ports, or is there a better place. 2 What diameter is the larger lift ram or size if you know ( for comparison to what I have). 3 Is it possible to increase the diameter of the lift ram hose to get a little faster lift time ( small section of formed tubing before flexible hose, very small OD 1/4" apx.) my unit has 12 hoses (810-02333 if this helps to answer) Thanks in advance, Chris

7. Jerre Heyer

Old style has a 2 1/2" bore.

New style has a 3" bore .

You can change out the hose to a 3/8 hose also. You need new fittings for the cyl and manifold. The new plows have the 3/8 hoses on them.

Jerre

8. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Hey Jerre, I had A question about your danger wings on an 05 810. Needed to know if adding them is too much weight for the lift cylinder or not?
    Thanks Adam

9. brad_diesel

brad_diesel Junior Member

well that wasnt so bad. since there are no blizzard dealers within a reasonable driving range, i went and bought my own hydraulic pressure guage and hooked it up to the manifold. as a test for befor and after, i placed my 245 pound fat *** on the blade and had the wife lift the plow. would only lift me about an inch off the ground and whine like it was at full lift. it was only pushing 1500 psi at full lift. after i turned it up to be 2500 psi it had no trouble at all lifting my largeness up to its limit. what a relief that it was something so minor, my only question is why would it have left the factory so under powered. isnt this set by them? or is it something the dealer tweeks after instalation? I bought this unit assembled as a floor model, and i installed it myself so if it is a dealer tweek, that would explain why it was still set so low. hope yours can be solved as easily. actually, i was amazed at how fast all the other movements got with the increased pressure as well. good luck, let us know when you get yours working too.:drinkup:

10. Jerre Heyer

The pump/ motor supplier sets the pressures at there facility. Don't know why some of them come in set so low but it happens. One of the things we do on all of the units is check the pressures before sending them into service. This pressure will change with use by a few hundred pounds but settles in within the first few hours of use. It is something alot of dealers don't do but your problem is common and we found with the heavy = wet snow we get that it is very necessary to do on all of our plows.

The upgrade for the lift hose will make alot of difference too. Replace the lift and the lower hose both even if not doing the cylinders.

Jerre