1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 pump source?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by leigh, Dec 18, 2013.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Need a pump for a pre dd 810, for some reason nothing shows up online, thanks

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I've got some.

4. leigh

from CT

I need one! What's the scoop? $$,

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

No dealers around there have them?

6. leigh

from CT

Dealer = stealer! Just looking for options. Ebay etc has some good deals on many parts, easy to order sitting on couch in front of fireplace! An example is the angle cylinders I got for 160 each. I'll take a drive fri (45 miles) to dealer if I have to. Thanks guys.

7. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Just went through all of that, frig the dealers, If you have the one with a splined drive on it , then you just measure the length of the pump, that tells you the displacement of it and order it through stone, my blizzard dealer quoted me the stupidest price ever, im in Canada and I ordered one from stone, it came from California, and still cost me less than 150 in my hands, Ill go look and see if I can find the site that explains what pump you have exactly and post it back here

8. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

http://www.spx.com/en/stone/pd-kp08-80/ this one will tell you what pump you have, measure good, mine was a KP16,
    http://www.spx.com/en/stone/where-to-buy/
    and that tells you where to buy it from, get that seal kit with it , it comes with a new shaft seal, for half what you can buy it for anywhere else, speaking of shafted too, the power hitch switch, one dealer around me wanted 86$ , another wanted 56$, plus taxes and shipping, its just an OTTO switch, you can buy them from any airplane parts supplier under the part number T7-231E1 , for under 15$, they are exactly the same sealed switch, only difference being is the quick connect tabs are grey instead of brass

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for all that info cl.

10. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

No problem, we run 5 blades . all blizzards, mine is the oldest,the biggest one we have is the 86110, my solenoid welded on last winter, don't know how long it ran for, but when I caught it , it was red hot, still worked for the rest of the winter, but this summer when I went through it I found it burnt the brushes really bad , looked on ebay for a 1787-1789 motor and got one for 123$ in my hands. Im always the guy who trouble shoots the blades we run, I haven't had any real problems with the blizzard yet, but I think the newer blades use a different pump/motor setup, could be wrong.I know if you are looking for a solenoid other than blizzard, a cole hersee 24812, for 62$ is a real good choice,a better on yet is the cole hersee 24812-01.

11. leigh

from CT

Thanks for input. Ended up driving 40 min up to Ron's automotive in Litchfield ct. Really nice guys and had pump waiting on counter for me. Only cost 190$ so I figured better grab it especially with the holidays coming up. Nice to know dealers who stay open late during storms and are customer oriented. Thanks fastjohny for spending time checking out your stock for me.All installed!

pump 001.jpg

12. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

For a whole lot more fun, run a KP31:mechanic:wesport

13. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

I figured that , looked through the manuals in the newer plows we run and the pumps didn't look like mine at all, I noticed that the newer ones were a lot more cc than I run too , got to get me a newer blade

14. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

So what breed of pump is that even

15. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I have a universal fenner pump when i converter from belt to elect. Going on ten years at least. They are slow with the 1.6cc pump. I have since put a 2.5cc pump. Ran that for 4the years. Now this year i put a 3.1cc pump. Pretty fast now. That picture posted is not a fenner spx stone pump housing. It looks like a fisher western stlye. I got my pumps online for about 86you bucks with longer bolts and all new o rings. I have had this pump apart every year for maintenance. They are cake to work on.

16. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Auto correct and thumbs suck. Sorry for that above.

17. leigh

from CT

No idea. It does look like a fisher western. Just used part # from the blizzard website archives.I'm sure there's not to many pump sources. The old one was totally shot. Couldn't even turn the shaft, bearings shot,the shaft just wobbled around.I'm going to take it apart when I get a chance and see what's inside . Small little bugger.

18. damian

damian Senior Member

dont forget to weld a 3\8 bolt to your motor and relocate the ground to it. it will keep the motor from searching for a ground thru the pump gears and wiping out your new pump which is what happened to your old pump.

19. leigh

from CT

Noticed the lack of ground stud. My fishers have them, i'll give that a try. I have new motor being del mon. Ordered before I realized it was the pump. I'll try on the old one.Always nice to have spares.

20. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

And while you're at it, add another set of 2gage cables with Anderson connector to the plow motor and battery on the truck.