1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 power hitch not working at all.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by beanz27, Feb 10, 2016.

1. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I've got a 2000 model 810 with the silver manifold, power hitch hasn't worked since I got it. The switch was busted, so I just assumed it was that, finally bought the switch and put it in, now nothing. Yes I have the controller switched to power hitch and the key is on, what's next?

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

With the switch on the controller in the normal position does the plow function?
    If it doesnt , then there is a power supply problem. Bad connection at plug, selinoid, etc.

3. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Everything else functions as it is supposed to.

4. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

First off there has to be power coming from your controller to supply power to the switch, eg power hitch mode.
    have you got power at the centre terminals on the power hitch switch, if you dont start tracing back until you find the interruption, if you do have power and it still isnt working then the diode board could be the culprit.
    If you pull the solenoid plug connection apart and introduce power to solenoid 5&8 you will see if the power hitch lowers, if it does then you know the solenoids are working properly, and go back and see where you are loosing your power.
    All power hitch problems are on the blade if you are sure you got power coming from the controller to the blade
    With all other actions working properly on the blade you shouldnt be expecting a ground problem

5. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Will be by truck tomorrow, so I'll test out. Apply to both 5 & 8 at the same time or separate?

6. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

same time, its easiest to use a pair of wires with small alligator clips on them , clip one end of each wires to the power in on the motor and other ends to s5 and s8 in the connection at the solenoids , and use any command on the controller as to run the motor, motor runs and both solenoids get energized. Check to see if you got power to the centre terminals on the power hitch switch with the controller switch set to power hitch mode. Ive had that switch go hay wire across the switch you can even jumper the switch to test for operation, that switch supplies power to power hitch switch when in power hitch mode, with you saying all other functions on the blade work then you can assume you have power in to the controller, your pink/blk wires on the power hitch switch are your power in wires , you can introduce power in on these connections also after testing s5 and s8 to be sure your switch and diode board are working properly also, then test truck plug terminal 15 to be sure you got power coming from the truck side harness

7. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Aren't 5 and 8 the lift and float solenoid? I replaced them both after I bought the plow.

8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Do you know you have the right replacement switch and it's functional. Pretty easy to jumper the wires on the back to see if there's power there.

9. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Ordered the same part number that was stayed in a previous post, also confirmed it as the old one had the same number. The old switch was broken off.

10. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Lower and float

11. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

S5 I believe I switched before. When I got the plow it lowered REALLY slow, so I swapped lower and raise to get me by till the new one came, then I put a new cartridge in the lift. I have noticed that my float light has never come on, if I hold it down I hear it click like it is in float but no light. Sorry I haven't been able to actually look at the plow, had to use it today, I've got a leaky line that's much more important.