1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 Plow - help

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by yamahartx, Dec 24, 2009.

1. yamahartx

yamahartx Junior Member
    from Iowa

I am looking to buy a 810 plow. Little rust, but still has most of its stickers. Not sure on the year. How can I determine the year?

Comes with a mount for a ford, not my chevy. Has wires and controller also.

What should I look for before purchasing? Asking 2500, just told me 2k today if interested.

Thanks Brent
    563.210.2943 for any knowledge

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Not sure how to determine the year. Its not really a factor. Its the plow condition that decides its value. As long as its not the first model with the 2 cylinders per wing its a good buy at $2000. The new mount will cost over $500.

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

And your old mount is worth $$$ I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

post a pic, best would be back of molboard.

5. yamahartx

yamahartx Junior Member
    from Iowa

Decided not to buy. It has been sitting out from some time, missing the cover over the motor.

Blade looked good. But I passed on the buy.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Brent

(it has the wiring, ford mount and controller) Would have modified and fabricated my truck side mount, but didnt feel it was worth the money.

6. homerpete

homerpete Member
    from Iowa

What town was it in? A guy I know also has one for sale with a super duty mount.

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Have a link? I might be interested in it...

8. homerpete

homerpete Member
    from Iowa

No link as far as I know he didnt put it on ebay yet, but I can get ya his info.

9. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

That'd be great, thanks!

10. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

If you didnt buy it is it still available? Where is it located.

11. yamahartx

yamahartx Junior Member
    from Iowa

It was davenport Iowa. And it was for a Ford but missing the end brackets, so really its without the mount.

Look up craigslist - quad cities iowa
    Also found one in Madison Wisconsin which was a better deal IMO of a working plow on a 2006 chevy 3/4 ton for 3k.

The one in Davenport was missing components and looked like it was sitting for some time.

Bought a 2008 w/chevy mount and wireless remote, brand new never used for $2800 Saturday (snoway commercial)

12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I looked at the one in Davenport today, looked like it would have been a nice blade when it was removed from the truck, but has been sitting outside for quite a while.

Needs LOTS of work to bring it up to even be remotely reliable. The guy didn't know enough about Blizzards let alone ANY snow plow to know what he had, and what it needed. $2500 is a joke.

13. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

What's wrong with the two cylinders per wing? I just picked up a second like that and have had good luck so far. Just asking what to be ready for.