1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 or a boss V?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by MnM, Nov 3, 2005.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

for a 05 2500 hemi what would be a better plow for the truck and what plow is more productive Blizzard 810 or Boss V 8.2.............................I got a price of 5200 installed on a 810 seemed kinda high any thoughts???

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The 810 will be at least 30% more productive than a v plow. Once you gt the hang of it, it will be 50% faster. I went from an MVP western to an 810 last year, and those numbers are facts,not theories. $ 5200 is about going rate, although Portsmouth ford in NH will save you about a grand, but Jerre in Erie is the best installer/ service GURU in the East.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto, go with the 810 its well worth the money.:nod:

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Pro-image quoted me $4600 installed, $4100 cash and carry. I think I would attempt the install myself. I havent tried Portsmouth Ford, but I heard that they sell them real cheap, thats why Mahoneys stopped selling them, they couldnt compete. I would pay money to not deal with Portsmouth Ford, they have a rep for being crooks. At least in the service department. Mike at Pro-image is the greatest guy to deal with, he also sells Sno-way, but he easily convinced me that a Blizzard 810 is better than a V-plow. I wanted a V-plow until I grasped the concept that Blizzards get wider and V-plows get narrower.

5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I'd go for the blizzard. If you go with a V I much prefer the trip edge that is on western and fisher V's if you do much higherspeed comercial.

6. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Mike is great to deal with and thats why I recommend him to anyone in this area looking for a plow. I did my own install but he still offered his cell number for any service I may need or any problems in a storm as he will open to fix anything.
    I paid 3900 for mine which was a great deal I thought as a V was going to cost me 4100 at the time.