1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 only wants to angle left

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ahaycoman, Dec 11, 2013.

1. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

Today on my next to last customer when I pushed into a pile and pulled back on the joystick to lift, the blade angled to the left and THEN lifted. When I operated the wings out or retracted in the same thing happened--first it went to the left. Then it QUIT acting up and worked normally until I was almost done with the last customer and then did it again! I did manage to push the blade straight and get it up to get home, but after I had cleaned and re-greased the plug as well as switched out the joystick, nothing changed. I suspect this can't be too serious normally, but I'm a little worried especially because the nearest dealer is over 200 miles from here. There is a Boss, Western, and a Fisher dealer here so I may be able to get a part if I knew what to get. Anybody out there got any ideas for me?

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Valve for R angle cylinder stuck open

3. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

go right to the last connection before the solenoids are, unplug it and run a jumper wire from your plow motor and clip it directly to the solenoid wire you have in question , then push any button on the control box to run the pump, if it works the you will have to start checking further back stream

4. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

Thanks guys...you've got me plowing again--at least temporarily. First I successfully checked all of the coils...all worked. Then I did check my valves and was able to pick up a tiny piece of metal with a magnet from one of them. Then I tried it and it worked! Then it started acting up again so I pulled the next valve and flushed it out and it started working again and has worked since. Next I'm going to drain, flush and change the oil...it's overdue anyway. I think I remembered seeing the flush procedure somewhere on the website a couple of years ago so I'll look for it before I start.

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

May want to disassemble all your valves for a thorough cleaning. Glad you are up and running.

6. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Yup. Happened to me saturday. Had my right valve stuck open. Took it out and found a tiny piece of plastic stuck in there. Dont know where it came from.