1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 on a HD3500

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by BDEMOTT, Dec 27, 2005.

1. BDEMOTT

BDEMOTT Senior Member

Was wondering if anyone had a 810 on a chevy 3500HD with the 19.5 in wheels, Its only 2wd so im kind of worried about pushing snow. Let me know, and pictures would help. Thanks

2. drplow

drplow Senior Member

2wd. you must be kidding. my one ton sucks in the snow. i would never think about putting a plow on it. buffalo=100"a year.

3. BDEMOTT

BDEMOTT Senior Member

I have been hearing from other sources that have used this truck but with a different plow that is you have a salter in the back or enough weight that it is a great commercial clearing vehicle....im just torn on what to do.

4. drplow

drplow Senior Member

with a salter, filled up, thats allot of weight. and if you get stuck, you could run the salter to get unstuck.
    if you were careful and did more level parking lot stuff, you should be able to pull it off. i know you will need allot of weight behind you.

5. DJC

DJC Senior Member

No way would I ever put a plow on a 2wd. You are just asking for trouble!!!!! JMO. Trust me I have tryed it:realmad:

6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

similar war, I mean, similar conversation going on over in commercial forum look under "tire chains". Here's my take on it. There are plenty of 2wd DRW trucks out there plowing. I know tons of guys doing it, I even knew a guy who plowed with a 2wd Toyota. All you need is a lot of ballast and a brain. Don't go off road, don't try any steep hills, actually, what I have seen guys have to do with 2wds on hills is back up the hill with the sander running, works in a pinch. You can also angle the plow to push yourself backwards out of a snowbank if you go in too hard and get stuck. I wouldn't hesitate to plow with a 3500HD. There's money to be made. Even if you do get stuck once in a while, it probably isn't going to be the end of the world.

7. drplow

drplow Senior Member

plow contractor commits suicide after getting stuck too many times. witnesses say he was driving a two wheel drive ford truck.:cry:

8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I'd commit suicide before I would drive a Ford truck.

9. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Amen to that brother:salute:

10. drplow

drplow Senior Member

yea, i could survive getting stuck now and then, but if it was a ford, i would just park it on the tracks and walk away. i will feel better when i terminate it.:gunsfiring: