1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 on 05 f350

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by jkkalbers, Sep 2, 2005.

1. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

Has anyone put an 810 on a 2005 F350 with a diesel? I was just curious to opinions about weight since ford made the switch to the coil springs. I've mostly used westerns, but am thinking of trying a Blizzard. Any thoughts on this setup? By the way, it is a super cab with a short box and heaviest springs available. Thanks for your input.
  2. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

I have it on my 04 and the 05's have a higher rating. so no worries put it on and enjoy. heck if you can find one and afford put the 8611 low pro on. wish it was out when i got my 810 becuase i would have.
  3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

You should have no problems with the 810, I have put the 8611 on 05 F250, F350. They did perfectly fine. i like to test the limits of Fords anyways. They will hold it fine.
  4. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

I appreciate the response. I'm going to check out the dealer next week, and I'll let you know what I do. :waving:
  5. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

Just wanted to keep everyone updated, I had the 810 installed on tues. and it looks pretty good. Too bad it has to sit for 2 months before I can (hopefully) use it. :drinkup: I thought about the 8611 LP but I couldn't get myself to do it, with the extra weight and cost I decided to go with the 810.
  6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I honestly doubt you could have found an 8611 Lopro anyway. If your dealer did not order months ago they are very hard to find. Blizzard only made a limited amount this season.
  7. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

No they had the low pro. I just decided not to get it. He said they could only get a few of them though, which i'm sure is part of the reason they were so much more expensive.