1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 not responding right please help

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by irr718, Nov 21, 2010.

1. irr718

irr718 Junior Member

I have recently bought a used blizzard 810 pp with the power hitch I. my passenger side wing would not full retract when I got it so i removed it and inspected it and reinstalled it. Now my poer hitch will not lower and when I hit raise on the controller the hitch lowers and the passenger wing goes out. Has this happened to anyone else? Whats the problem? How do I fix it?

2. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Hmmm Make sure all the wiring truck side is fine. Grounded properly and the solenoid is still good. Then check the plow side. Is the fluid fine, what about the pump?

Sounds like to me you got some wiring messed up somewhere. Also you might have a bad controller but idk about that. And when you said you removed the wing, did you remove the actual wing or the valve?

3. irr718

irr718 Junior Member

I removed the slide box I was figuring on a bent cylinder but it seemed to be ok. I also unbolted the manifold and found two lines were hooked up in the wrong place, I put the lines in the correct position but it still didn't help when I engage the switch to lower the power hitch the passenger wing extends but when I turn the system power on and hit the raise button the hook lowers. I changed the fluid in the system the resivor is full and the pump is engaging properly.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Several possibilities, you might have a wing valve stuck open. Sounds like you've got some wires crossed on your power hitch switch, or it's got the coils on the wrong valves, or you might have some hose still wrong, IDK. Couple other ideas, depending on the year of your plow. Give us some info on the plow, maybe a pic of the manifold from the back.

5. irr718

irr718 Junior Member

update: I spent the last couple hours out in the shop I removed all the coils and valves, I cleaned and reassembled them. I also checked the hoses and found two crossed and I put them in the proper positions everything seems to be responding correctly. However it will not raise when I select raise on the controller the pump runs for a second and then all you can hear running is the motor. The resivour is full the blade just won't lift. My power hitch is working correctly. I do have a slight leak at the passenger side slide box cylinder, could this keep the blade from lifting? The manifold is red, there are two numbers on the side of the manifold I am assuming they are the model and serial number they are 60159 and 8500679.

6. maelawncare

Does it raise with the power hitch button and not the controller?

7. irr718

irr718 Junior Member

I broke out the manual and trouble shot it I got it to lift now the only problem is the wing it still won't retract on its own I can push it in half way by hand then it won't go in. Any ideas?

8. maelawncare

my guess would either be one of the fittings isnt tightened all the way. or you have a bad valve.

9. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Is the slide box or the moldboard bent where it slides?

10. irr718

irr718 Junior Member

The wing appears to have curb damage but it doesn't seem to affect the movement because I can push it in manually.

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

When you say push it in, are you talking about compressing it toward the more narrow position, as in sliding the slide box in, or are you referring to "flapping" the wing forward into scoop and back to straight?

When you go to extend the wing out, does the wing creep forward into scoop before extending?

How many hoses go to each wing/slidebox per side? 2 per side or 4 per side?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  12. irr718

irr718 Junior Member

Into the narrow position once its in it extends it does form the scoop and the scoop retracts on its own the slide box just won't go back in on its own.

13. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

2hose or 4 hose per side?

14. irr718

irr718 Junior Member

4 per side

15. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

OK, have you confirmed you can manually compress the cylinder all the way, either by taking the wing/slide box out, or by unpinning the cylinder and compressing it outward toward the wing?

Once you've done this, see if you can manually slide the slidebox in, if you can't then your moldboard and/or slide box is bent. I'd bet there is a bulge in your molboard causing obstruction in sliding the slidebox all the way in. Time for some framework on an autobody frame rack. I've straightened them that way.

16. maelawncare

OH YA, duh. I forgot about the spring. You havent even mention if the spring is even there in the slide box. There is a tensioner pin holding it in. I would try tightening that some. It will help pull it back in so you do not have to push it.

17. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Just to clarify to O.P. and any reader so as not to confuse things:
    There is no springs in his slide box. He has the older version with 2 cylinders per wing/slidebox (4 hoses per side)

18. maelawncare

Thank you for clarifying. I did not know the older ones did not have springs. hmm im at a loss then.

My guess would be bad valve/valves. I had 2 go on me last year. Kind of hard to figure out. But once it was replaced they worked perfectly.

19. paulsauto

paulsauto Member

I would check the small cylinder that scoopes the wing. they tend to come apart inside. the piston comes unbolted from the rod. i have seen six or seven do this. there is an inner and outer seal on the piston , if it has been loose for awhile the inner oring is probably broke. take the wing back out and check the small cylinder.

20. irr718

irr718 Junior Member

It will retract but I have to run the punp and hit it with the sledge hammer at the same time the wing works fine the slide box or the long cylinder seems to be the problem