1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 not lifting

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by firelwn82, Dec 14, 2009.

1. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

My 3 year old 810 doesn't seem to be lifting up all of the way. Actually I know its not. It only comes off the ground about 10 inches. With the plow hooked up the plow mount on the truck is 12 inches off the ground. With the blade up the mount is 10.5 inches off the ground.
    Put it this way. You know the sucky blizzard lights..... I dont have to use them because the blade isn't even as high as the truck lights!!!!

Anyone with info thanks

2. Whitey

Whitey Member

I have had the pin on the lifr ram break before. It will still lift because the pin gets wedged between the plates for the power hitch. If you go to the blizzard website tech info you can download the manual look at page 8 it has a break down of how to tear it apart. It is not bad if you are some what mechanically inclined.

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Centerbolt/bushing wear and draw latch pins/holes are wearing.

4. firelwn82

For some reason I'm not comprihending what your trying to tell me here..... lmao. I think the cold has frozen my brain to idiot mode. I looked on the Blizzard Tech site and page 8 is nothing of what your saying...... Can you go to it and then copy the link and post it for my ridiculousness........ Thanks for the help guys

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

You won't find step by step directions in your manual, or PDF, other than perhaps referencing inspection for wear, for any of what we are telling you. You have to inspect and repair your plow for slop and wear in all mechanical connections. Plowing is brutal, and pins wear, bushings wear, etc. There is alot of leverage on your draw latch pins, they carry the weight and transfer a horizontal force (your lift cylinder) to a vertical lifting force.

6. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Just go through everything, everything and check it. Take the cover off and inspect the pump. Make sure you enough fluid, make sure nothing is bent, make sure no wires are pinched, make sure the truck side mount is not catching it anywhere.

Take pics with it lifted the highest it will go and then pics where i mounts to the truck and pics of the lift arm. We can help you better if we can see.

7. MBB

MBB Senior Member

Cross bolt on front of lift ram will break and or egg out the mounting holes, you can see the head and the nut on the out side of that assembly but that will not tell you if it is broke. If you have the ability to drop the plow from the truck and flip it up on the mold board you than can see it and repair. Other wise it is a bit of a challenge as you will need to set the unit on some blocks to have a little working clearance. Also there is another cross pin in that area that likes to walk it could be out of place in addition. Wear in the lock pins for the push bar will also reduce height. On my 2002 810 the push beam holes are egged out but the bushings are fine , time for the welder again.

8. firelwn82

I have looked it all over, thats why I came here and asked. I'll get some pictures on Sat and post them to show how it sits. Again thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it.

9. MBB

MBB Senior Member

Here is another thought have you checked your truck side mount for broken/bent bolts or mounting holes in the truck frame egged out?

10. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Here is a pic of a latch side plate. You need to look in your plow manual for more detail. These are easy to change in 20 minutes or less.

100_1102.jpg

11. firelwn82

Actually as a matter of fact its loose..... :dizzy: When I went to tighten the bolts up the metal stop plates snapped off. How in the hell do I fix that screw up?? Nona of my wrenches want to fit inside the damn fram to hold the nut's....... ha ha I said nuts :laughing:..... Sorry a little crazy with no snow here...

12. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Looks like you have a Ford. If you do, bumper has to come off, and might have to weld a piece of steel to a wrench to hold the nuts in the frame. Originally, they had tabs welded on the nuts to stop them from spinning, but yours may have broke off.

13. firelwn82

Yep first try on getting them off those thin things just snapped. Just what I thought was going to happen... So take the bumper of and it will be easier then? Thanks

14. maelawncare

No it wont be easier. you will be able to get to 1 of the 3 nuts. You will have to cut them off to remove the hangers. Just cut the head off of the bolt then slide it off, cut the rest of the bolt shorter so you can get it the rest of the way out.

Thats why you use anti-seize when you install them.

15. firelwn82

Yeah the place I had install it......... :dizzy::realmad: SUCKED to say the least!!! Nothing but issues about there install. A 12 year old could have done a better job

16. maelawncare

Yea once i had all the right parts and tools. i installed mine about 2 hrs. Ridiculous that experienced people who do it all day long take 10+ hrs to do it and at $100 and hr to top it off. And this was my first one. I have a crap load of pics that i'll upload sometime about my install.

Let me know if you need any help.

17. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

What year Ford, and how many bolts per side on your mount?

18. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I had the bolts on my 03 come loose. I was able to tighten them though. It helps when you assemble and intall the plow ( anti seize does help):nod: Anyways you should call brian I am sure he can help you straighten out your problem.

Good luck ,shaun

19. firelwn82

97 Ford F-250 Old body style. 2 bolts each side.

Shaun I know I need to. He's been busy, atleast someone can stay busy around here :salute:

20. MBB

MBB Senior Member

OK 97 ford 2 bolt mount most likly rear mount holes are egged. You can still use them , but you will need to add a new one on either side about 6" forward or less of that Best way is to get some 1/8" plate or 1/4" plate about2"or so wide around 2 or 3 " long, punch a hole a little larger than the bolts close to one end of this , then weld your nut to it . this will act as a re-enforcement behind/in frame and keep nut from spinning when tightening it up. You will also need to stick a piece of welding rod or similar to it get into position. You will also need to make some spacers up for between frame and side rails of mount.