1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 needs more help 1st problem fixed now the 2nd

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by 1smoknz, Dec 8, 2011.

1. 1smoknz

1smoknz Junior Member
    from 53523

Thanks to all who helped on the last problem Fastjohnny nailed it. I have a first edition 810 one of the first ones made. The problem is the plow does not always do what I ask it do except for down or float. I will ask the plow to angle or maybe go up it will 90% of the time then it will just quit. If you wait a second or keep moving the control it will eventually follow the command same for the wings. Any ideas. I have tried a different controller. The diodes are new. All connections on the plow are good switch and connectors etc. The harness is new from plugs, switch to truck. thanks Aaaron

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

pump pressure valves sticking motor getting hot ground bad check all electric connections

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I'd say your plowside relay may be suspect (guessing it is on what looks like a large hose clamp, around the end of the plow motor) When it won't work, hold the power switch on the plow up or down, and while holding, tap on the relay and see if this will make it run. (Alternatively, use a jumper cable to bypass the relay straight to the plow motor and see if motor runs off jumper cables) What Beam said about motor hot could very well be indicative of a motor on it's last legs as well. Better to learn all this stuff now vs in the middle of winter!

4. 1smoknz

1smoknz Junior Member
    from 53523

I was also thinking plow side relay, but not sure where it is located. I have a feeling this plow has been how do we say a hodgpodge of differant parts over the last 10 years. Not sure where the plow relay is. pretty sure not on the motor. Can someone give me a description as to what it may look like. There is what I call a selonoide under the hood that the big red power cable goes to and then to the plow. To me it looks like a starter selonoide off a older ford truck is this the plow relay? Thnx Again

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Yes, someone has relocated to under hood, go to the solenoid/relay under hood. The one you want is about the size of a soup can. Anything else should be changed.