1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 mounting problems

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by MnM, Jun 27, 2007.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

Im having a problem attaching my 810. I foolishly misplaced my controller and had to borrow a friends. When I pulled up to the plow to hook-up I did the usual. Turned the power hitch on inside the cab attach the wiring harness and put the pins in. Now I flip the switch and nothing. I do here a clicking noise when I toggle the switch but no movement from the arm. All connections are tight. I am basically stumped. The only thing different is the contoller but all 810 should work the same no. Please Help I Need To Move My Plow Yesterday:dizzy:

2. MnM

MnM Senior Member

so 100 people or so read this and not one response. :confused:

3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

first time I have read so here goes. Have you tried to run any of the functions with the controller in the on posittion? If your solenoid is klicking than the truck side is working. Try to run the plow on a regular funtion . This will tell you if the power is making to the plow. Try it and post again Good luck!!!

4. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

bad ground ... wiggle the plow to truck plug

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Call JERRE when in a blizzard emergency.

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Call the dealer who sold you the plow.
    Sounds like a bad plow to truck connection, make sure it is clean and greased and all pins are in place and not bent.

Do any other functions work ?

7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

If you are hearing a clicking at the plow but not from the solenoid under the hood then the solenoid is not getting signal. It could be the switch on the plow or the harness main plug. If you are getting a clicking from the solenoid under the hood but still no motor then it could be the plug or a disconected wire at the battery. Has it been changed or any work done that would have had the battery disconnected ? Body work, etc?

Call when you are at the truck for easy diagnostic. Have a set of jumper cables handy to do a bypass test. Basically pos of bat to pos of plow motor and ground of battery to ground on plow motor.

Also, pull the cover off the pump unit and check the positve and negitive wires to make sure they are tight.

Jerre

8. MnM

MnM Senior Member

thanks. looks like today is a rain out so I will just give it a shot later. Thanks

9. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

So, what happened? Did you get it fixed easily.

10. MnM

MnM Senior Member

dealer said it was a bad controller. Just my luck.

11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Tell your friend not to loan you junk :) . Sound like you needed to buy a new one anyway.