1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 many problems....need help (2008)

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by tonycuffaro, Feb 3, 2009.

1. tonycuffaro

tonycuffaro Junior Member

Bought Blizzard 810 brand new in 2008. This was installed by the dealer.
    I have been in the business for 24 years and have never experienced the problems I have had with this plow.
    1. Fluid leaking from lines. Lines won't stay tight
    2. Cotter pins snapped off and the plow fell off in street
    3. Hydraulic hook that attaches plow to truck keeps releasing
    4. Wings do not hold under pressure
    5. Fully extended plow wings bend while using.
    Anyone who can offer help or advice to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. onemanshow

onemanshow Junior Member
    from alaska

Is it still under waranty?
  3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Best advise I can give is to call Jerre's in Erie and bring it in for a "Special" package. I had mine done this year, and I don't think I'd ever get a Blizzard w/o his mods.
  4. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

1. Which lines? 2. Which cotter pins? 3. Tighten the bolt up in the rear of the lift 4. wings are meant to release under pressure when impacting!!! or are the folding back while plowing? 5. never seen bending back unless hit something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Some people just have bad luck.
    I have two blizzard power plows, lines dont leak.
    Cotter pins dont hold the plow on the truck.
    Draw latch (hook) only pulls plow toward truck, it doesnt hold it to truck. The two hitch pins that are installed last do that.
    Wing pressure relief may not be adjusted to proper setting. Your dealer can check it for you.
    Wings can be bent if you hit a curb hard enough at the right angle. My employee proved this on our 8611.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  6. damian

damian Senior Member

Properly tightened and routed lines wont leak-period.sounds like you need someone knowledgeable about blizzard plows to go over the hook up procedures and check relief settings and give the thing a once over,the 810 has its quirks like all make plows but it is a very good product when assembled and installed with care and attention to detail,something that is generally lacking in many installs ive seen.