1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 Lifting mechanism falling apart...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Lawnman883, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Lawnman883

Lawnman883 Member

My 810 is a 99 model and now the lifting mechanism is literally falling apart. I lost the pin that goes thru the lifting piston 4 times now and the plow then wont lift. the 3rd and 4th time the pin above the piston also started to come out so 1 of the two plates was just loose. Its really hard to explain unoless your really familiar witht he lifting mechanism on the 810. Pretty much as i'm using it the 2 outer plates push apart enough that the pin for the piston can work itself out. Is it supposed to have this much play in it? Also in working on the plow i noticed my pivot bolt is pretty worn too. Is this also common and is htere any bushings that need to be replaced too?
    I'm just wondering if any one else has had issues with these parts failing or wearing out like this? My local blizzard dealer said they dont see too many of them like this.
  2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

You may need some new parts. My 4 year old 810 is getting rather loose on the lifting assy. Plates are egged out.
  3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I haven't had this happen with my blizzards but they have been no more than a few years old. It sounds like the plates/pins could be replaced. After alot of service I could see how the holes could be worn allowing the pins to work loose. I would say that 10yrs is alot of action for a plow so it has served you well.

Good Luck, shaun
  4. Lawnman883

Lawnman883 Member

Well, the unfortunate part is i just bought the plow in december. i know it is older so it makes sense. I've never really taken the mechanism apart yet but i'm thiking once i get in there a lot of it will be rusted and needing replacement. i will dig deeper this afternoon and let you guys know what i find.
  5. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

i hate to point out the obvious, but you bought a ten year old plow. unless it was stored in the back of some old barn for 9 of those years, i am sure it got used pretty hard. even the most well taken cared of plow will always need some work done to it, and all you are having to fix is a few pins, consider yourself pretty lucky. we have 14 blizzard plows, and they all need something minor done to them throughout a hard winter. i am not downgrading your concern, just trying to open your eyes. i guess i just find it funny when guys on here are shocked that there 1982 plow's pump went out. just an observation!
  6. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

Order a new drawlatch setup it is around $450 it will be a complete set up with new plates bolts pins payup