1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 Lift Ram Leak?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Junior MO, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Junior MO

Junior MO Member

I have a problem with my 810. It started pretty fast but when I lift it up it looses hydro fluid fast. Can only lift the blade 2 times before I run out of fluid.
    I took the lift line apart to see if the line was leaking but found no breaks in the line. I am wondering if the actual cylinder is leaking and if so if anyone here has replaced one?
  2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

replaced many cyls put on face of the plow too see better check for blown hose or seal blown out
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  3. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Sounds like a lift ram seal to me. Not to hard to repair.
  4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I have a slow leak on one of my lift cylinders.

Care to tell us the easy way to replace the seal?
  5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Unscrew retainer nut on ram, remove seal, replace, screw nut back on.
  6. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Well there yea go. Try that. If it still leaks, or looks like it coming from somewhere else. Let us know.
  7. Junior MO

Junior MO Member

Thanks for the help guys. I am having our mechanic look at it tomorrow to get it back on the road. Another chance of snow on Wednesday and it would be a shame for it just to sit broken! As soon as I find out the problem I'll let everyone know.
  8. Junior MO

Junior MO Member

Looks like we lucked out! The ram was not the problem, but a loose fitting on the bottom side of pump. I took checked the line that went from the pump to the lift ram. It was still hooked to the truck when I did that. The leak was easy to see once I unhooked from the truck and had another person looking around the blade.

The reason for the leak I believe was that the two bolts that hold the pump to the frame were no where to be found. I don't know how long it was sitting on just the frame, but I suppose the vibration must have worked loose the fitting. Has anyone had this problem before? I suppose I will have to check these bolts before every time I plow.