1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 leaving scraping marks?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by GMSNOW, Sep 3, 2009.

GMSNOW Member

Last year was my 1st year with the 810 with a back drag. This spring I noticed on almost all of my tared driveways that I had left scraping marks on the driveway. For people who had their driveway sealcoated - they now had these marks all over the driveway. I also noticed these same scraping marks but rust colored on cement driveways.

Anyone else experience this - what am I doing wronge?

I previously had a Western straightblabe with a backdrag and never had this problem.

Thx for any feedback.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

810 is a lot heavier. You can try using the polar wing edges, it may help.
  3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I think it's the nature of the beast, these things scrape the best of any truck mounted plow out there, and some scrape marks may be the consequence of such.

I haven't noticed much for scrape marks on my customer's properties, other than these goofballs that resurface with gravel, then complain about us scraping it up... I run u-edges on the wings too, I suspect that helps lessen marks, especially on the curbs...