1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 In Float lowers then angles left

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bump69, Feb 3, 2011.

1. bump69

bump69 Junior Member
    from VT

Works fine other wise any ideas? Junk in the valve maybe?
    Thanks

2. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

I am assuming it angles left from the forward motion. I would say stuck valve.

3. bump69

bump69 Junior Member
    from VT

OK got it in and looking at it, when you hold the button down in float the solenoid stays energized brn/yel wire stays B+ when the red float light stays on. I dont have a schematic but does the solenoid signal wire become energized in float? Operates as designed with all other functions. I am thinking controller problem?

4. damian

damian Senior Member

i think s3 coil\cartridge controls right piston left angle it could be stuck but i would think if it was it would angle any time any function was chosen.i would check to see if any coils are magnetized in float other than the s5 float coil,you may have a harness issue. you could also have a bad angle relief,see if it will angle by pushing on the plow in the up position,go on blizzard plows.com,go to service publications,bring up prior 2006 owners manuals and get your diagrams.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  5. bump69

bump69 Junior Member
    from VT

OK found the issue. Main plug, the terminal for the orange wire plow side was corroded off and stuck in the truck side. When the driver encountered the problem he unplugged the and plugged it back in a few times and smooshed it flat. It was making slight contact with the main battery terminal and once it energized it was close enough to carry current through and and energize the solenoid. Thanks for the help. Just reminds me always clean and check the plugs on a regular basis.