1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 help

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ricothunder, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

holy fXXX ok got a feww good plows out of this plow since i fixed it last and now giving probs again...... this time right wing will only go to scoop postion wont go to 10 foot blade. it goes from 8 ft blade to scoop at 8 ft :mad: dont know what it is .... could the ram be bent???????/ let me know what ya think

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Froze/iced up? Must be a 4 hose per side plow?

Thaw things out and then recheck.

If this doesnt work, check valves.

BTW have you done a full fluid change? I remember your last issue was a valve as well.

OR.....
    You might have a blown o ring in the wing cylinder.....

3. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

i havnet checked it yet and full fulid change did happen but with the wing i had this prob a few weeks ago than got warm and than it was good now got cold again and dosnt wanna work i am going to check it tonight its a bit warmer than last time .... do u think a flush of the hoses might do like disconect and blow fluid through????????? if i got time i will check the coils and valve tonight

4. GFX

GFX Member

When this happens on my plow it is one of two things. It's packed full of snow and ice or the wing is hyper-extended. I recently took care or the over extending by removing thing wing and doing some repairs and a little welding.

5. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

hyper-extended so wing going back words toward the truck..... i know i hit it but didnt look like it went that far if so what did u do or what was the prob

6. GFX

GFX Member

Hyper extended meaning stuck in the scoop position.....A good hit will over extend the wing and it won't fold back. I took the wing out and found some bent metal and a broken weld. Straightened the metal and welded the broken area back up. Haven't had a issue yet until I whack another curb again.

There also was an issue I believe that there were some miss welded pins stops but I think your plow is older than those that were affected with that.