1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 help!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Q101ATFD, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

As of now, my brand new 810 is stuck to my truck in the float position - until somebody un-retards my brain.

Followed directions, put the latch over the draw pin, activated the power hitch to align the holes, put in the 2 pins. Problem is, when I try to lower the power hitch (by using the "disconnect" switch) it doesn't move. The pump pumps, but the hitch doesn't lower. Now I can't release the a-frame latch to use the plow or even disconnect the plow from my truck.

I turned everything off and started over from the beginning thinking I screwed something up. Now when I try to use the "disconnect" switch to lower the power hitch, the pump doesn't even activate!! Now I'm stuck and have to work tomorrow...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure what is going on,but if you really need to get the plow off of the truck you can let the pressure off. Just crack the hose loose that goes to the lift cylinder and it will let the pressure off. you'll lose some oil but your truck will be free. I never use my draw latch when mounting my plow it hooks up just fine w/o it. Keep us posted good luck!!!

If you strarted over and nothihng is working did you put the controller in the power hitch mode? I know I have forgot to do this in the past and found out whe it wouldn't work.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  3. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

I'll start all over again one more time before I go to bed tonight - the last time I started over, the controller was in PH mode, but then only the "connect" switch worked - the "disconnect" switch did nothing... We'll see how it goes - gotta wait till Monday for anything big since I work all day tomorrow

4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Did you move the latch back to the raised (normal) position? Plow will not raise with the draw latch in the down position.

5. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Yeah, thats my problem - since I cannot lower the power hitch arm, that prevents me from being able to raise the draw latch back up to normal. It's raining here all day so I might not be able to work on it - hey, at least it's not snow!! ;)

How many times will you see those words ^^^^^^ on this forum???

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Where to start.....

As a reminder, on assembly, it is always a good idea to test all functions of plow prior to hooking it to a truck.

In order to get it off the truck, you could take the cover off the pump, jump the S5 coil (IIRC, check the printout on the bottom of the pump cover for location) Just watch your fingers and toes. I would unplug the plow from the truck and use a set of jumper cables to ground as well. Hook all jumpers up to plow, then final connection to battery for action.

Use info at your own risk, and read your manual for further understanding of electric/hydraulic function. Basically for dropping the plow, you shouldn't need pump to run, just energize the S5 coil to open the valve(again verify which coil solenoid per your manual). This will get your plow down to the ground. To fully open the draw latch, you will also have to juice the pump.

In diagnosing your problem, begin with reviewing what each coil does, and make sure each coil functions. From your first post, it sounds like the coil is not operating, check wiring continuity.

7. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

sounds to me like you routed your hoses wrong if you did that part yourself, but I hope for your sake you have it figured out by now.

8. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

How about taking the FLOW CONTROL VALVE ----FC -- and open it up a couple of turns. Out to drop faster, in for slower.

Jerre

9. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Done!!!

Wow - I think I tried just about everything without avail until I tried adjusting the Flow Control Valve. Thanks Jerre!

10. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

And thanks to everybody else who put in their two cents!!

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I did think of the FC, sorry I didn't mention it when we talked. All my plows are old and don't have the FC.

Once again Jerre comes through.

12. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Who said that plow installers were stupidpayup

You're welcome. J