1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 HELP (blizzard tomorrow!)

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by IMAGE, Mar 10, 2009.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

plowing tonight, and a blizzard coming in the moring. supposed to get 10".

My 2007 810 has been blowing the inline fuse, happened 4-5 times last storm, and did fine for 10 hours today. then it blew the fuse 3 times in 10 minutes tonight. The last time I went to replace the fuse and the fuse was still good!! But nothing happens when moving the contoller!! (but can feel coils engage when moving the stick)

I cleaned my plug and checked everything, everything seems tight.

So I think its either pump or solinoid. I check and the solinod is not working. So we jump it to get the plow off the ground so I can move the truck. Now I know its the solinoid.

So at 7am tomorrow I am replaceing the solinoid. So what I need to know is:
    1. Was the fuse blowing because the solinoid was going bad?
    2. Or did the solinoid go bad and the blowing fuse both a sign of something else wrong?
    3. Or are they not even related?

I will be replacing the solinoid as soon as the parts store opens, but want to make sure there isnt something else I should be checking also that might of been the cause.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Jeez Steve your all over. :D

Ditto on the diagnosis here too. :D
  3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I hope you can get a worthwhile solenoid from your parts store, but I would bet not. Do you have any chaffing on your harness anywhere that could be grounding out on truck frame? Light Bar? Have you checked continuity of the brown wire that energizes the solenoid?
  4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Problem goes a little deeper. Seems that it works fine unless its in float................S5 Coil is fried and Fried the Diode pack under the pump cover.

These come in 3 configurations

Board style ( flat board with black or clear cover )
    Plug style with a 6 pin plug and a 6-8" pigtail end
    In harness ( no plug or board )

The first two can be repaired by just changing the plug or board. The third requires changing out the whole harness.

In a pinch you can substitute a boss or Western / Fisher coil with a spacer to get you by but you still have to fix the board or plug or harness in the end.

Steve, Email and I'll get you the plug out that we talked about this morning.