1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 height

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

So I'm looking at Blizzard 810 plows and it seems like every one I see seems very short, I mean from the ground to the top. So I check the website and the specs say 31 inch, which I believe is respectable for a full size truck. But looking at pictures again they look really short. Is there a snowfoil available for the top to keep from driving under the snow? Are maybe the older Blizzards shorter, or is my mind playing tricks on me again?

2. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

They seem shorter because they are curved more forward so they windrow easier. If I put my 810 next to my old boss 8-2 V the boss stands taller but is less curved. Yes blizzard has a rubber snow deflector for it as well.

3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Might also be because of the full trip design. I started plowing on a 76 Jeep Grand Wagoneer with a Meyers plow and it seemed like whenever you would try to push a decent size pile of snow that it would fold over backwards and bend the threaded part of the spring and the plow top would lean back toward the truck instaed of away. Most any type of full trip plow I recall seeing in our area used commercially would doo it too. Maybe in MI. the majority of their storms are the light & puffy stuff? Here on occasion we get this really heavy wet cement like snow and that would wreak havoc on the full trip's

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005