1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 does not angle

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by sisu22, Nov 14, 2008.

1. sisu22

sisu22 Junior Member
    from maine

my 810 whill not angle or work wings it just goes up and down but when it goes down it will angle all the way to the left on its own and stay angled to the left when you raise and lower it ? any solutions to this problem ?

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

First, clean your plug and put it together tightly. I have that problem frequently, at least the part about raise and lower only, I just have to squeeze the plug together as hard as I can to get a good contact.

If that doesn't do it, there's other electronic issues it could be, but I'd start with the contacts. Look at your harness for tight connections, and check where they go through the firewall for chafing. I suppose the angle problem could be cavitation related (air in a line), but I'm leaning more toward electrical.

Don't worry, you've come to the right place for answers, someone here will be able to solve it for you.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  3. mehaw1

mehaw1 Junior Member

I also had the valve physically stuck when mine wouldn't angle. Remove pump cover and try to swing plow while checking if solenoids are being triggered. If they are working-ie clicking and magnetic, you may want to remove valve that is being triggered to make sure that plunger inside moves freely. The fluid in my pump hadn't been changed for ?? amount of time (bought used), and a couple valves had become stuck sitting over the summer.

4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

You have a valve stuck part way open. Pull the left, right angle valves and the crossover valves and clean and replace.

J

5. sisu22

sisu22 Junior Member
    from maine

thanks jerre i beleive my s3s4 valve needs to be replaced but having no luck in finding one locally ? thanks for knowing what to do . sisu22