1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 cutting edges

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Mark Witcher, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

What is the Factory suggested list price for cutting edges for the 810.Standard and heavy duty. I think my dealer is gouging me on cost of these. I paid $360 for the H.D. set.

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

I would like to know too. I need to replace a set on one of my blades. I would like the heavy duty.

3. MnM

MnM Senior Member

im looking all over the net and cant seem to find anyone with 810 cutting edges. any help?

4. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Well for one you probably wont find one on the net. Get on there web page and call all of the dealers. On that note, I just bought the main edge 8' section for $187. That was just the main edge. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about being heavy duty? I didn't think there were different ones besides poly or steel.

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Light wings are 1/4" heavy wings are 1/2", With heavy wings $365-385 is the norm.

Jerre

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2007
  6. firelwn82

Oh I see says the blind man

7. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Thanks. I guess im NOT getting hosed after all.

8. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

crap ... my poor b*tt i mean my pocket book

9. firelwn82

No your right, your butt. Just bend over and take it like a champ. You bought the best now pay with the rest. payup :eek:

10. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

If given the choice between a standard or the HD cutting edge... go for the heavy Duty!!! But only replace the main cutting edge. take the old edge or any other scrap cutting edge ( we get the old edges off of loader buckets) and cut them and weld them over the wing edges... will save you big $$ and works much much better

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats about right, and you will get one season out of it if your lucky.

12. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

I end each season with installing new edges. My though was better to be paying for the new parts when the money is comming in at the end of the season instead of starting out the season with a $2,000.00 bill of new edges.

Build up on the wing edges are a must and it does add some life but a full set per season is what I have experienced.

Ron G.

13. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Ron,

You must plow an awful lot, are your edges really fully gone in a single season?

14. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

Ron,

If you could be so kind .... shoot me a PM. Are you getting you edges from Rushing? If so I might just make the drive up there. Whats the damage? Thanks, Ken

15. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Johnny,

The plowing we do is zero tolerance with a dusting to 1" trigger. If there is even a chance that a heavy salt application will not burn off what is on the ground we are pushing and salting. So even with 25" - 35" season we are scraping pavement. We also seem to be having more ice/sleet/frozen rain, or rain mix with snow leaving an 1" of so of very wet sloppy snow. So those factors wear down a set of edges per season. Also when doing mostly windrow and a tweaked plow here or there I see uneven wear. When I get down to less then 1" anywhere on the center edge I get them all replaced.

Ken,

Yes, Rushing can set you up with the edges and the build ups on the wings w/the added curb guard. I want to say a full set as metioned is about $500.00 but do not quote me. Call Eric and see what he has in stock. If you give him a heads up he will prep everything and you can save yourself some wait time.

Ron G.

16. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

cutting edges fabricated

I did get a set of edges from DD last year and still can't sit down because of the reaming out I experienced...although next day air from Tennessee probably accounted for most of it though to be fair.
    In the meantime I had a local steel supplier fab me three more center edges. They cut the bolt holes a little too large on them so they made me three more and just gave me the first ones for nothing. The total cost for all six edges was much less than $100. I then took my old worn-out center edge and cut it to shorter lengths and welded a piece on the front of each of the new wing edges when they got here because I could not understand why the new OEM edges were thinner for the wings than they were for the center...the wings always wear down first on my plow. Now the wings have about 3/4" cutting edges which makes more sense to me and the center edge is whatever they make it to begin with--1/2" or 5/8".
    I was going to have the edges made out of that real hard stuff (T-11?) but was advised that might not be a real good thing to do for some reason...I can't remember why. But by the time I wear down the six edges I have I should have a better idea of what works and/or doesn't work.