1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 Cutting Edges

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by deluxeco, Dec 21, 2005.

1. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

OK Blizzard maniacs it's time to replace the cutting edges on my 810,what do you recommend? Thanks:confused:

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I plan to go with urathan wing edges and steel centers.

3. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I have been real pleased with my polar edges. They don't scrape hard pack as good as steel but they make up for it with a smoother ride and less noise. Plus six of my residential customers have brick paver drives.

4. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

The other alternative is to get a set of regular or better yet the heavy duty set of OE Blizzard edges. Then go to your local metal jobber and have them cut you two pieces of T1 4 1/2" x 12" x 1/2" steel then have them or you yourself weld to each of the wings for better wearability. You should be pleased with these results. As a side note I looked at having my metal jobber make edges but we found out the price difference was only $5 bucks so I'm going with OE equip. For that small of a savings I give the business to my dealer as if ever any plow probs he's the one I'll go to, gotta give them some business too. As far as the urathane edges not saying they are bad but I'm not willing to give up the scrapability of the steel edges. Hope this helps.

Bob :salute: :salute:

5. phishoook

phishoook Member

Why? better protection for the wings?

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

The wing edges are 3/8ths steel, so they wear out quick. I have the doubled up steel edges, very little wear so far with about 30 hours. Oh and the polar wing edges help slow down the wear of the main cutting edge and yes they are much more forgiving.
    Todd

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Did'nt you just get your 810 like two months ago? :confused:

8. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Ok, just getting ready to replace my edge as well but I also have a question or two. One: I would roughly estimate that I've got 15 storms, if that, on the original edges and the main center edge is shot, right down to the boxing on the moldboard, that seems pretty excessive. Question two: just priced some stock edges, about $300, once again making me question buying a not so main stream plow. If this was a fisher I could go to any local metal shop and have one in hand for about 1-150 depending on length and supplier. So my question is are there any cheaper aftermarket alternatives for the 810 power junk, I mean, power plows. Also, when I replace the edge, I am thinking of having the local metal shop weld on some grouser bar so I can actually get some wear out of the thing, anyone tried that yet???

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

One more question, what are the dimensions of the stock edge? Width, thickness, etc.