1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 cutting edge --- Blizzard parts only?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by IMAGE, Dec 27, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Does anyone make a cutting edge for the 810 or is OE the only choice? At $460 for the set from my local dealer:gunsfiring:... anyone know of a place with a better price? :help:
  2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I think they are OE parts. Get the winter equipment carbides welded on the wing edges to make them last though
  3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I am gonna check out the winter equipment carbides, Thinking of welding the old cutting edge to the bottom of the new one to double it up also.
  4. MBB

MBB Senior Member

If you have the time and there is a steel fab shop in your area, pull your edge and have them give you a quote. cheaper per each if you get a couple made up. On the wings I just cut pieces from the old edge weld them on the face of the old wings after I install new main edge so everthing is at same level.. ( if you have that capability) For me I get two sets of edges for a little less than the price of the main edge from OEM.
  5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Get ahold of Jerre of Jerres Service in Erie PA. He is a Blizzard wizzard, great to deal with.

Regards Mike
  6. fci

fci Senior Member

Watch what you buy, there are 2 different thicknesses on blizzard cutting edges. I paid $305.00 for a set of the thicker ones in Delaware last year .
  7. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Use 1 1/2 thick rubber for the wings we have for 5 years now
  8. Tough Cut

Tough Cut Junior Member

We make custom cutting edges for 810 power plow almost exact as factory ones for $ 385.00 installed call cory 612 532 5923
  9. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

where can you get that? Did you make them or are they available somewhere?

I put a new center edge on last winter and had the welding shop cut pieces off my old center and weld them over my wings. Looks like they are already worn down bad, and the center still looks brand new. So I'd like to do something different with the wings.
    My original blade lasted forever it seemed, but I don't do any roads so it isn't scraping pavement for hours on end.
  10. tubbykid

tubbykid Junior Member

i thought it was just all of my plows that ate up edges.......blizzard needs to test some other options in my oppinion cause we never seen to get any life out of ours........so we hav started welding our old ones on to help and it does........but the price of them are stupid i think we bought 6 total last year at 385 each
  11. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Weld a set of winters xtendors to the wings. Edges will last as long as the women at a oriental massage parlor.
  12. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

You mean my edge will love me long time?:dizzy: