1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 compatibility-fail

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I recently sold my 97 Chevy 3500, took the plowframe off and put it on my 94 2500 Suburban. My 99 810 is total junk, so I bought a really nice used 810. The guy I bought it from dropped off the plow, but hasn't come back yet with the harness like he promised. He did give me the controller, but it doesn't work with my harness. So, I put my old harness off my 97 truck on, with my old controller. Hoping desperately that my old plug would work with the new plow, I tried plugging them together. No dice. All I get is a constant screech from the motor, The plugs look identical but obviously they are not. Not sure what year the plow is, but it's much newer than my 99. Doesn't look like it's seen more than one winter.

Should have got after the guy to get me that harness sooner, but I thought sure the plugs would work together. I'm not about to try changing anything else over from the old plow at this point. And I'm not going to bother trying to plow with my old blade, it's welded in position, leaking and the power hitch/lift is half broken.

Oh well. Hope my customers understand. Subbed out a couple that needed to be done, the rest I am telling them I'm not plowing because it is well above freezing and getting warmer, this will be gone before tomorrows over.

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

The really early 810's had the solenoid on the plow, the newer ones require a solenoid under the hood. I'm betting your current harness has no solenoid, so you're just running the pump constantly when plugging it in. You can make it work by adding a solenoid under the hood.

3. Detroitdan

Aha! That sounds like what is happening. Wish I'd figured this out sooner. Oh well, too late now. How do I figure out what year this new plow is? My old one used to have a tag on it that said 99-810-0015. Don't see any label like that on this one, but it is a totally different plow.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Wiz is right, your 99 harness is also missing a pink/black wire that gives power to the power hitch. Hang on to your harness and controller, both could be used in a pinch with your new one, with a few mods. The 99 810 was unique to having the solenoid on the plow. (For PH1 plows that is)

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Agreed. Post a couple pics of the plow. We'll be able to give you a rough idea of its age.

6. Detroitdan

OK, I got the wiring harness from the seller, hooked the two big battery leads up and the little power wire too. Does the same thing when I try to plug the big plug together. I don't see any solenoid anywhere in the new harness, or where there would even be one. Need to get this figured out soon, both these stupid plows are blocking my camper in and I can't move either one of them!

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

8. Detroitdan

can I just take the solenoid of my 99 and move it under the hood? Thats a lot of money to spend this far away from plowing season. How did it work on this guys Ford, did he have a solenoid that he didn't give me? Where does it connect to the harness?
    I saw this plow work before I bought it.

9. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

The 99 solenoid is inferior to the newer one, but you could hook it up to move things. The 99 solenoid needs to be grounded to the truck side via the mounting ear on the solenoid. then brown wire to small terminal and short + lead from battery to one larger terminal, and + harness to plow on the other.