1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 claw won't go down

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by greenworldh2o, Jan 13, 2016.

1. greenworldh2o

greenworldh2o Junior Member
    from eastern

Hello!

I have a 2004 Blizzard 810 power plow that the claw will not go down. I changed fluid and pulled the s5, s6 & s8 valves. Doesn't look to be any debris in valve. Does any one know what I am missing?

2. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

ive had that happen , and it was the switch for the power hitch, check the plug where your solenoid wires plug into the plow harness for a wire that has backed out, if you have to get your plow off, or you want to check if your solenoids are working you can leave the solenoid to plow harness plug , unplugged ,then run 2 wires with small alligator clips on them as follows, clip an end from each wire directly from the power in to the motor
    , then clip the other end directly to your lower solenoids,
    when you do any command from your control box your motor will run and should open both lower solenoids and drop your claw down, if it works then you will have to determine if its the switch or your diode loop
    If it doesnt then you will have to determine if its a cartridge or solenoid

3. greenworldh2o

from eastern

Hello!

I forgot to mention the plow motor runs when I move the toggle switch on plow frame up and down...the arm just doesn't go down...thats why i took valves out to see if they were clogged or stuck open.

trying to figure this out in 20 degree weather is not fun!!!

since there are no local blizzard dealers nearby trying to solve this myself. thanks for help.

4. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

it could run the motor with a bad switch , look under your motor cover for the two terminals needed to do what i explained , it will take you alot less time than what you have done, if you try what i outlined your claw will drop with the use of minimum requirements,

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

If the above doesn't work.Sometimes the claw bolt loosens off. It isn't noticeable, it causes the actual claw to slip but if you crank the nut tight it will bind and release as it should.

6. greenworldh2o

from eastern

so i have to splice the alligator clip into the s8 & s5 solenoid,

How do I splice into them? cut wires?

Sorry for all the questions.

7. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

like i said unless you want to start cutting

8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

If you believe it to be the switch just take the wires off the switch and manually put them together (ground the down circuit) till it un mounts.
    You don't even have to disconnect the switch just make a little jumper wire.

9. greenworldh2o

from eastern

Got it!

Will follow up with results!

Thanks for info!!!