1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 Blizzard wont detach.....help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Douglas Hands, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

I have an 05 f250 with a Blizzard 810 power plow. During use it works great. When I went to disconnect the plow it wouldn't disconnect from the truck. Had to jack the front up and you pry bar to dislodge from truck. Thank you in advance for help

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Power hitch switch not working, on the plow?
    Did you press the "power hitch" switch on the controller?

3. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

I have the old switch style controller......The side of it has the switch for controls. I tried at the motor itself but to no avail. its engaging but wont go down....will go up with both the control box when in plow mode and at the motor when I push switch up....Just wont release and go down....its a ph1 with power angles. All other switches working fine

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Try tightening the big nut and bolt that hold the claw closest to the end, sometimes it will feel tight but it slips and doesn't do as it should, everything seems to function but no movement...

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So you turned on the p.h. switch on the controller, and operated the switch on the frame and still got nothing?

6. spikes_mn

spikes_mn Junior Member

Do you mean the bottom ram isn't going down when you push the switch down or do you mean when the plow is all unhinged and pins are out you can't back away?

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Why are these threads so F'ing vague!! Say what's happening in detail on the first post so people can help you. This drives me crazy on this site, three pages later and 2 weeks from now we'll find out the real story...

8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

AND...put up pics to better explain and show what's happening.

9. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

I don't know how to load pic on here and was trying to explain the best I could. To answer your question The ram will not go down when I am trying at the motor. The " ram" that comes up and ties into the cross bar and lifts the plow so I can put pin in.While in use the plow worked fine,up down,left ,right and wings work great also......just wont disconnect from truck when done

10. spikes_mn

spikes_mn Junior Member

Replace the switch.

11. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

The switch is making the motor run Spikes.....the claw just wont go down. Exactly what you said Diesilss

12. spikes_mn

spikes_mn Junior Member

Yea up works but not down correct? It's the switch. Same thing has happened to me, I replaced the switch and the problem was fixed. You can unplug the switch and put it in upside-down I believe and try that then it will go down and not up.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  13. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

ok will do thank you

14. spikes_mn

spikes_mn Junior Member

Let me know how it goes!

15. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

Will do.......thanks

16. Mr.Markus

Did you tighten this nut?

17. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

1) Has the plow ever worked properly on this truck?

2) Does the side of your control box have a 3-position switch (on/off/powerhitch)for plow power, or a 2-position switch (on/off)?

3) Provide a picture of the power unit so we can identify which power unit is on your 810

4) If the underside of your plastic pump cover shows which coils/valves activate for the detach function, are those coils magnetizing?

5) What happened when you reversed the switch?

18. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

19. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

Thank you to all that responded. Plow is mounted on truck and ready to go. Still wont go down to detach ( I put new switch on ). Don't need it to detach til storm is over. I released the hydro line and digging bar got the bracket down far enough to get behind hook up bar. Hit the switch up and worked as it should so I am ready to go.....Will take to shop once we get done with this 2 ft of snow hitting us in the Southern MD area this weekend....Once again thankyou for all you alls help.

20. Mr.Markus

"months"...