1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 Blizzard Power Plow

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by kfish, Dec 7, 2005.

1. kfish

kfish Junior Member

Just got my new Blizzard with the Power wings. Since it has the power wings on it should I leave the shoes on and adjusted to 1/8" above the pavement?

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

i dont use shoes on my 810

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Post Pics!!!

4. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

No shoes here either, of course we have only had one (barely) plowable snow so far.

5. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

get ready

for the problems hehehehe

6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Now.. Now.. be nice!

Some people like to take chances for a better outcome... like fighting Fires! lol

7. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Right, be nice. Some people are ignorant enough to keep buying the same crap they been useing for 20 years "cause thats what we's allways used damnit" !!! Kinda like buying a nail gun, why bother it might break. You know you might make alot more money, but hey I heard from my neighbors cousin's Uncle they are not very dependable, well maybe.

Todd

8. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

lifesaver hartbreaker

9. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

I only put the shoes on my 810 when I do dirt or gravel, but I will try to avoid that if possible. Be careful backdragging with your wings extended--the cavities will fill with snow/ice and you won't be able to retract all the way. Other than that you'll like the BIG increase in productivity ($$$$).

10. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

its funny how most of the guys say dont backdrage with the wings out i have never had a problem with them out it works great backdragging with it at 10 feet.:waving:

11. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

It works ok (in fact it works very well), but by having the wings extended when I backdrag it seems to cause them to malfunction just that much sooner than if I didn't have them out--that's mainly why I don't have them out. Maybe that's just the way it seems to be though, because I never have been able to do my full route without having them eventually get plugged to some extent. Of course different types of snow work in different ways too, but eventually it always seems to happen. I wish somebody had some suggestions of what to do to prevent it. Not backdragging extended is the only thing I've found that seems to help at all. Meanwhile, that 810 really gets the work done in a hurry. But it's a pain that our only local dealer quit handling them this year I just found out. I don't think it had anything to do with the plow itself as much as it had to do with his own personal (lack of) finances.

12. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Congrats on the 810

:drinkup:

Great to hear you just got the 810.

I was advised against backdragging with the wings extended when I bought mine. Something to do with the fact there is a spring inside there that helps retract the wings and that could get busted if you are backdragging and catch something. Basically we don't do it.

I bought 2 of the 810 units last year (see my site for pics) and they are GREAT. Between the 2 trucks we put over 1000 of plowing on them and no troubles. Only problem I am having is that I think my spine is starting to grow curved on account of putting all the extra money in my pocket. I more than paid for the 2 plows just on the additional business I was able to handle.

We have had no problems with them operation-wise. Oh the odd time you get some snow or ice behind a wing but it works itslef out before too long (I am not big on getting out of my truck to bang it out - in fact I don't get out of my truck much at all).

As far as using the shoes, personally I don't. I just don't like shoes, never used them much on other plows either. They hang down, get caught on curbs. I started out last year using them and the first time out I plowed over a curb and caught the shoe, I bent it by the time I got out of there (of course I didn't get out of the truck to see what I was hung up on). I threw them in the back of the truck and haven't put them back on. My other truck plows more gravel yards and a road. He puts them on for the first couple of snowfalls and leaves them off after that. Now I wore almost 2 inches off my cutting edge last winter alone. I will change it next year.

Enjoy the plow, it will amaze you. :nod:

13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Only if your planning on plowing gravel.