1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 bent wing help

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by chazg33, Dec 21, 2005.

1. chazg33

chazg33 Member

hi,anyone tell me how to remove the wing assembly on a 2005,810 plow,i hit a curb only around 5 miles an hour,and the wing was in the scoop postion,it twisted downward,very lightly,the wing will go back to the straight postion but will not retract to home postion,it will also extend out to the scoop postion still if i need to use it,so i have the one side stuck out and driving around with 9 ft of plow,i was going to take it apart to see the damage but wanted to get some ideas first,i inspected the wing very close,and i can not see any damage to it,or any thing bent,can any one suggest where to start first,thanks,

2. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Check the top part of the mull board to see if the wing is behind the center section. It should be in front. Mine has done this once and I had to take a pry bar and move it to the front.

3. chazg33

chazg33 Member

hi,the wing is in front of the main blade,i checked it with the other side,thanks chuck

4. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

To remove the wing assembly first remove the hydro lines from the affected side, there is four going to the plow two each side. Once hydros removed there are two pins located on the back of your plow, two each side remove the affected two. Once those are removed just slide out the whole wing.

Bob :salute: :salute:

5. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

dude take it to your dealer there has been a recall on the 05 810 for the wings over extending and bending, they might not be formiliar with it but tell them to call john at blizzard direct. the pistons are probly bent and they have to do some weld fab to stop this from happening again. dont try and mess with it yourself. even though you hit the curb it still has to do with this problem of over extending because thats when mine went also. dont feel bad

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I've been hearing alot about this recall, where are you getting this info from? How come they havnt mailed anything out to the 810 owners?

7. DESTEFANO3782

Simply Because They Suck. They Dont Even Care For The Fact My Wings All Bent And Rusted On The Edges Because Of Their Inability To Build A Quality Product. His Answer To Replacing Them Was Sorry It Doesnt Effect Your Plowing Ability. Needless To Say I Wish I Stayed With Fisher

8. DESTEFANO3782

well my wing is broke again this storm down for the count. time to bring it back for the 3rd time

9. chazg33

chazg33 Member

how did you bend it this time,i had to replace the hyd cylinder for the wing it had a bent shaft .i was only going 5mph if that,blizzard told me they would not warranty it,,and the dealer says its normal,130.00 and my labor i had to fix it,i do not believe it should bend that easy,:

10. DESTEFANO3782

Well You Kinda Got That Short End Of The Stick. What Happens Is The Cylinder Passes The Point Of Return Do To Imperfection In The Design One The Cylinder Passes The Point Of Over Extention It Doesnt Have The Support To Hold It Forward So Any Force Even A Windrow Of Snow Will Fold It Back And Bend It. Its All A Warranty Issue Because If They Didnt Over Extend They Wouldnt Become Weak And Then You Wouldnt Bent It. There Is A Weld Inside The Box To Stop It From Goin Out To Far But The Weld Isnt Big Enough So Sumtimes It Passes That Wweld And When You Brought It In They Should Have Made A Deeper Weld And Replaced It For Free. Sad Part Is They Fixed Mine Last Storm And It Is Broken Again. I Should Have Stayed With The Fisher.

11. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

seems like the 05's are having problems.maybe the employees are sabotaging the plows since theyll all be collecting unemployment soon

john

12. DESTEFANO3782

The Plow Is An Awsome Concept. And When It Works It Great But Way To Many Variables That Need To Be Worked Out

13. chazg33

chazg33 Member

i will agree with you ,when the plow works i can save alot of time on plowing lots,the only think is i am very careful when plowing now,i do not extend wings unless i know the area i am plowing first,good idea on the plow ,,poor design and testing also,

14. chazg33

chazg33 Member

after replacing the wing hyd cylinder because it was bent,after help from jerres shop ,blizzard dealer in erie pa,we found out the dealer that installed the system, had the hoses to the extend and retract on the cylinder backwards, so when the wing took the hit it did not bleed off causing the cylinder to bend,so now i will go after the origanal dealer for a refund,i would like to say thanks to jerre,for taking the time out to work with me and fix the problem,i didnt even purchase the plow off him and he still took the time out to help me,he has another happy customer now,

15. Service

Service Junior Member

810 wing bending

All the wings that are having problems from reading the posts are unrelated to the hyper-extension issue on the plow. There are only two ways you can bend a cylinder: 1- the pressure relif valves are not working properly or 2- the two hoses on the cylinder are put on backwards as the last post noted. If the wing hyper extends the worst that will happen is the wing will not come back in.

16. DESTEFANO3782

u forgot to mention the part when they over extend and the wing goes behind the moldboard it then bends

17. Service

Service Junior Member

810 wing extension

The only time the wings will bend is if you keep trying to bring the wings in. There is a retro kit out for all plows that do hyper extend. This is availble at your dealer.