1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810 Angles Left But Will Not Angle Right

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by psuce1, Feb 21, 2015.

1. psuce1

psuce1 Junior Member

I am new Blizzard owner. I purchased this 04 810 knowing it had the angle problem. I went through a few things in the beginning of winter to diagnose the problem and found that valve S4 was bent. I bought a new valve and it worked great. I have plowed a good bit with it with no problems.

Today the person I bought it off of broke one of his other 810's and needed to borrow mine back. Once he got the plow it started angling to the left but then not back to the right same as before. When you try to angle right you can hear the relief valve squeal when it opens. I pulled S4 to check for debris expecting to see the valve was stuck but it was clean and moved freely. I put it back together and it worked fine for about 5 minutes then did the same thing again. Took it apart and cleaned it again and it started working again but had the same issue in about 10 minutes but after being frustrated with it and just playing with the controller it broke free and started to work again.

A new thing that is going on this time is it is blowing the fuse on the controller when the plow will not angle back right. It never did that before. I checked with a wrench to make sure that S3 and S4 are magnetizing opposite each other and they are. I switched controllers and had the same result. Is it possible that somehow there is a wiring issue causing this problem? Bad solenoid? Is there another valve involved in the system other than S3 and S4 that could stop the flow? Also the plow will very slowly drift to the right while travelling. It has done this before and after the problem though.

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to get all the information on here to not waste anyone's time.

Thanks!

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Sounds like you need to thoroughly flush your system. BTW, are you completely disassembling your valves when you pull them? Sounds like there is still crud in the valve keeping it from fully closing. OR, your crossover relief valve is open...

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You did check the cylinders to make sure they aren't bent? Just to rule that out, it doesn't sound like it.

Like Johnny said, flush the system good.

4. psuce1

psuce1 Junior Member

Here is an update on the situation.

The plow was returned to me and when I put it back on my truck there were no issues at all. It will not work on the other truck but works fine on mine. Here is the part I don't understand. I fixed his other 810 and it works fine on his truck. I guess the answer to this problem is not to switch plows. It is certainly something in the truck wiring I would say. Hopefully this doesn't come up again in the future.

Thanks for your help!