1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

81 dash

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by t.r., Feb 3, 2002.

1. t.r.

t.r. Junior Member

does anyone know where to get a good replacement dash pad for an 81 chevy p/u? theyre hard to find around here, there all like mine, cracked. how about those stick on replacements?

thanks

2. blzn74

blzn74 Member

LMC truck catalog has EVERYTHING you need for your truck. I think they sell OEM dash pads for $400 dollars and replica's for $215 bucks, look them up online and they send you a free catalog.

3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

T. R.: One of my friends has the stick-on cover (not sure who makes them, the name "Coverlay" comes to mind) in his '87 GMC 1/2 ton and it looks fine IMO.

Is this a work truck, or your daily driver and "fun truck"? If it's a work one the stick-on cover might be a better choice, since it's presumably fewer $$$.

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Coverlay makes a good cover. When installed properly, it's almost undetectable. I have installed 3 of these covers before. Much easier and cheaper than messing with the pad. JC Whitney sells the Coverlay (or used to). Get yourself an LMC catalog anyway, it's well worth it.

www.lmctruck.com

~Chuck