1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

81 chevy van

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dennis m. hopki, Nov 5, 2005.

1. dennis m. hopki

dennis m. hopki Junior Member

I just put new calipers on,they release but still grip enough to cause the hub to get super hot,then I find out that it could have 1 of 3 different brake systems,I don't have any info on it,can't tell if its a G10 or G20 or30,does anyone have any tips on what to do? I have blead them,but the problem is still there,is there 3 diffirent types of calipers for them?need info please
  2. Jim Prill

Jim Prill Member
    from Zion Il

Sounds to me you have a collapsed brake hose. Aply the brakes and release then loosen the bango bolt that connects the hose to the caliper and see if it is holding pressure, if it is then the hose is the problem, but if it where me I would just replace the hoses as cheap insurance.:cool:
  3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Jim hit it dead on.
  4. payton

payton Senior Member

or it could be a bad proporting value had one go out on my jeep once.. it was the last thing i replaced.. cause i was told they never go bad by more then one person.
  5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

G10 is half ton, will have 5 lug wheels. G20 (3/4 ton) and G30 (1 ton) will have 8 lug, G30 may have dual rear wheels, G30 will have brake system run off power steering system.