1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

81/2 western uni on 2007 gmc sierra

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by aquinod, Jan 13, 2013.

1. aquinod

aquinod Junior Member

hey all, i have been given a fully functonal 81/2 western plow from a family member of mine. I was wondering how bad it would be on my truck? and will it handle it for at least 2-3 years till i get a 3/4 ton. 2007 gmc sierra sle ext cab . it also has a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit on it with 285 75 17 duratrax on them. i only will be plowing about 10- 15 driveways.

thanks derek
  2. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

i had an 8ft hiniker on a '01 1500 for 3 yrs. engine had plenty of power to plow but last year i had it had to replace transfer case then the tranny let go. so at that point i thought i should upgrade to a 3/4 ton. I treated the truck well also just the half tons are not made for that kind of abuse day in and day out in my opinion
  3. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

ussmileyflag i been running 7.5 western with pro-wings on my 98 1/2 ton 4x4 for over 10 years way over loaded with salt and snow ex 1075 drive it like i stole it and it has not let me down knock on wood i put helper springs in back and 2 inck leveling kit in front and it don't have any trouble pushing 9.5 ft blade i do the same with my 95 3/4 ton with no problem only thing i notice is the 3/4 handles the skid of salt better :laughing:
  4. aquinod

aquinod Junior Member

alright thanks for the input, i will only try and use this plow for 2 seasons, and will probably put it on my fathers 350 since i already have the mount for it :mechanic: