1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

80s one ton questions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by farmerkev, Nov 10, 2010.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

There might be a truck I can get my hands on cheap, but I have some questions on it. Im not positive on the year. But I know its around an 85, and its drw f350. Its in very good shape for its year, with pretty much no rust at all. The catch it that at some point as was given a little 302 under the hood. So if I can get it for a decent price Id like to put some work into it and find a nice 460. What Im not sure on though, is what Im looking for plow wise, Id like to know what year of fords had the same frame as an 85 so I know what I am looking at for a mount. If anybody can give me some info on years it would be much appreciated.
  2. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

I think it was 1980-1991 that were the same. If you are swaping motors I'd consider the 351 over the 460, the 351 has the same transmission bolt mounting pattern and will drop right in. The 460 would require a new tranny or at least bellhousing depending on the tranny. That 302 might surprise you though.
  3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

x2 on what cotter said.

is it a 4x4? in mid 85 ford starting putting the solid axle dana 60 under the front end again. 80-85 was the dana 50 ttb for the f350. mid 85 and on is the solid dana 60. big bonus if it has the 60.