1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

80's frames vs mid 90's frames

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Andy96XLT, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

Hello all,
    In my area there are a lot of used plow mounts here for late 80's for F250's and 350's but not many mounts for the 92-97 years. Can anyone tell me how much different the frames are and if it would be relatively easy to modify an 80's plow mount to fit my 95 F250? Thanks!

2. hightop

hightop Member

'80-'91 has like a cap over the front of the frame & frame is taller, '92-'96 frames are open in front & shorter in height. I think most 80-91 mounts use the cap so I don't know how easy it would be, but I guess with enough effort it could be done.

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i have adapted several it is real easy

4. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

what goes into having them adapted? Is it major welding or just some cutting/grinding/drilling etc? Thanks.

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

cut old tabs off the front and weld new tabs on i make brackets that huge the top off the bumper and weld them right to the truck

6. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

I live in new jersey to i dont what part jersey you live in but i have that frame piece you are looking its off a 95 f250 im in no hurry to sell it was keeping it in case of emrgency but i will sell it if need to be and help out someone else now the thing is you will need the brackets for the piece were the plow pins lock in pm me if your interested and let me know were in jersey you are i can even try taking pics..

7. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

I am actually going tomorrow to look at what I am guessing is the same type plow that you have listed in your sig. A 7.6 western unimount, no idea if its a proplow though.