1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

800HD - o ring seal kit leaking/replacement

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ed salvatore, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

I just noticed a leak on my 5 year old straight 8' blade, I think coming from under the plastic fliud reservoir where it bolts to the manifold, after pulling it out from summer storage. As best I can tell after snugging all the fluid reservoir bolts to the manifiold it's still slowly dripping, so I'm thinking the o ring???

Does anyone have any experience/advice with a problem like this, o rings leaking, changing it out? and if so, do you know where I can order the 3 piece seal kit, #60435? Approx. Cost? Easy job or pain in the #$%&?

Thanks for your help!

Ed

2. damian

damian Senior Member

you may need a new reservoir,the o ring doesnt usually fail,ive seen the tank fail were the black part is 'welded' to the clear part and also the black pert gets distorted from overtightening.

3. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

Damian thanks

Thanks for the reply Damian. I think we spoke a while back, I would like to give you a call at the shop.

Ed

4. damian

damian Senior Member

you bet 508-588-5970