1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8000hd where to start

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by somd, Sep 13, 2014.

1. somd

somd Junior Member

Hi all
    First post but i've been lurking for a long time now. I finally bit the bullet and bought a new blizzard 8000hd friday from local dealer. Decided to do the install myself (not my first plow install).
    So after running all wiring double checking every conection heres my problems.
    1: hand held controller wont turn on
    2: have power to plow but nothing works
    I called the dealer gave them the run down. After getting no where with them I unhooked everything off the truck then rehooked it all back up this time layed on top the engine so nothing was hid, bent, pinched etc.. still power to the plow but nothing works and controller wont turn on.
    Yes all fuses are good checked with meter
    Yes I have power to the plow the main feed wire thats it
    any ideas would be great
    2007 new body chevy 2500hd cclb duramax

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Where did you connect the ground? If it's not right to the battery that's where I'd start.

3. somd

somd Junior Member

ground is straight to the battery. I've got the entire harness laid out in garage hooked to a stand alone battery and still nothing.Im leaning towards I have a new bad module only thing in the system i cant check with a meter.

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Have you confirmed power at the small red power wire in the control harness? (the one near where the controller plugs in)

If that's good, check the two 4-wire weather pack plugs in the control harness. One plugs into the lighting harness, and the other plugs into the truck side battery cable. The one at the dead end of the control harness goes to the battery cable, and the one that's broken out of the harness at it's mid-point goes to the lighting harness... they can't be swapped, or you'll have no power to the module or controller.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  5. somd

somd Junior Member

yes all plugs are correct I put a jumper straight to the battery for the red wire at the controller and still nothing. The only thing that does work when i hook the plow to my truck is the lights.

6. cubicinches

If you're certain the two plugs in the control harness are plugged into their correct locations, then check the controller fuse. It's located in a dual fuse holder which is broken out of the lighting harness near where it plugs into the "B" & "C" positions on the iso module. There's two ten amp fuses in it. One is for the parking lamps/turn signals, and the other is the controller fuse.

7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

If your plow lights would your modules fine.

8. somd

somd Junior Member

checked all 5 fuses in entire harrness all are good checked with a meter cause i know some can look good but can be blown

9. cubicinches

Five fuses? :confused:

Just to confirm... This is a new, two plug plow, with a multiplex system and a three port isolation module?

Only two plugs going to the plow? Correct?

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Use a test light instead. Are you trying the plow with it hooked up and plugged in?

11. somd

somd Junior Member

yes this is a new plow with only 2 plugs to the plow
    headlights work fine and no the plow is not hooked to the truck
    there are 5 fuses in the system 2 10amp at the b&c plugs at the truck module then 3 20amp at the plow module

12. cubicinches

Right, I assumed afterward that you were including the fuses on the plow itself.

What dieselss is saying is that you have the plow plugged into the truckside harnesses when you're doing your testing? Without the plow connected to the truck, you'll have no control power.

13. dieselss

Yep plow hooked to trk

14. somd

somd Junior Member

I have both plugs plugged into the plow while testing. I did notice last night without the plow plugged into the truck my truck lights are screwed low beam is fine when I switch to high both low and high are on. Now I did just tare the front of truck back apart again to confirm light harness is correct per the book instructions and it's good.

15. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Hook the entire plow up and see what happens. I'm sure you buggered up somewhere. Where are you located?

16. cubicinches

You're talking on the truck itself? That's the way it's supposed to be on that truck. Both low, and both high are on when the high beams are on.

17. somd

somd Junior Member

Dameron just south of carrolls equipment

18. somd

somd Junior Member

Ok first i've heard of that this is a new body 07 2500hd I've never noticed both high and low on at the same time before course i've nevered looked either before putting the wiring harnesses on it.

19. somd

somd Junior Member

Ok after moving the plow with the tractor I bent one of the kick stands so got the BFH after straightening the kick stand i plugged the plow back into the truck and magicly everything works.:dizzy: I guess now the search is on for what I shook by beating on the kick stand.
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments there's nothing worst then having a brand new never used broken piece of equipment.

20. dieselss

Maybe something under the cover on the plow?